Milling guide

wilde

Woodland survey was done but really dreadfully (long story personally not me who chose company etc) there are big oaks, Ash, Elm and Sycamore that need to come down along with an loads of dead wood too. Charity own the woodlands and have agreed I cant get the work done however possible because for them to do it they'd have to pay £1000's 

Because they cannot pay for tree management, there's about £60000 of work to get done, I am going to be using my equipment, including chipper etc to get it safe and managed. Can you do £60000 of work for nothing? I doubt it. It isn't cherry picking the timber its trying to get the work done whilst paying bills like a mortgage and not getting divorced because I volunteered for 2 months, spent savings on equipment, fuel etc. 

I’m not being funny but you’re jumping around from keeping nice timber for yourself to it’s a charity ‘guv.

If “they” cannot pay tree management then perhaps see if a company will manage the site for the timber( which is a dirty word around here) so it would have to be prime timber for them to clear/tidy your site. Basicly, you’re getting sweet feck all. Still interested in your “ charity”?

I think your an opportunist. Hoping to make a quick buck off this group. Hopefully you’ll prove me wrong.

Or Trigger if the timber were worth something I could get the timber prepped by myself and some of the charities equipment/volunteers, I could get some money for the timber to live off, the timber company/miller etc can get some potentially nice timber and the railway gets the trees managed. Ultimately if your not going to be answering with any useful comment I suggest you go back to blabbering of Facebook as people don't want messages telling them there's another comment on Arbtalk. I do thank all others, I'll see if I can get some pics of some of the "better" trees later possibly next week

Or Trigger if the timber were worth something I could get the timber prepped by myself and some of the charities equipment/volunteers, I could get some money for the timber to live off, the timber company/miller etc can get some potentially nice timber and the railway gets the trees managed. Ultimately if your not going to be answering with any useful comment I suggest you go back to blabbering of Facebook as people don't want messages telling them there's another comment on Arbtalk. I do thank all others, I'll see if I can get some pics of some of the "better" trees later possibly next week

You seem to have a highly inflated opinion of what this timber is worth considering you yourself admit you have no clue as to what your talking about.

I’ve had your number from the outset. I’ll leave it for the others to come to their own conclusions.

At least no one can go in blind based on your fake sob story

5 minutes ago, Ratman said:

https://www.gardenorganic.org.uk/sites/www.gardenorganic.org.uk/files/resources/international/ChainsawMillingManual.pdf

I found this an interesting read. Can’t beat hands on though if someone is willing to let you watch or join in with an actual task.

That's the one I was on about but apparently I was being unhelpful.

I remember downloading it a few yrs ago but not on this computer and although I transferred it to a flash-stick they don't last forever.

• Like 1

That's the one I was on about but apparently I was being unhelpful.
I remember downloading it a few yrs ago but not on this computer and although I transferred it to a flash-stick they don't last forever.

I’m not ready space wise to have a go yet, but in time i will, and hopefully i’d get a bit of advice off a few of the reputable guys on here, Saul (Rough Hewn) has already suggested i may pick his brains and even get hands on with him if i’m ever interested, (thanks Saul [emoji106]) I’m not to far from him so will probably call on him one day no doubt, if only for a meet and a brew [emoji16] favours bring favours and all that. We all have to start/learn somewhere, the OP may not have worded things in the best possible way but i kinda get the jist of him just wanting a bit of advise/help to get started if it is feasible regards him/his time/the charity etc.
  • Like 1