Stihl HT133 drive fault when exteded

R.borist

Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with the HT133? Works fine normally but when extended there is no drive. Have had one repaired under warranty although didn't ask what the fault was and 2 that went back to dealer yesterday with the same issue. Would be interested to know if others have the same problem and if so if Stihl are aware if there is an issue

The end drive shaft has a bush on it that locates in the strange bearing carriers on these machines. This bearing has probably failed - people don't service them or grease them so they go pop. If you look after them, they look after you.

Local customer had two, one went pop all over the place, most bearings buggered, the other I had serviced 2 years ago - all the bearings were still greased and in good condition - the drive shaft had twisted though - hedge trimmer attachment!!!!

They are an "Acquired Taste" to work on, the parts diagram is a bit pants!

On 08/09/2020 at 16:07, spudulike said:

The end drive shaft has a bush on it that locates in the strange bearing carriers on these machines. This bearing has probably failed - people don't service them or grease them so they go pop. If you look after them, they look after you.

Local customer had two, one went pop all over the place, most bearings buggered, the other I had serviced 2 years ago - all the bearings were still greased and in good condition - the drive shaft had twisted though - hedge trimmer attachment!!!!

They are an "Acquired Taste" to work on, the parts diagram is a bit pants!

What is needed to grease them, some kind of special grease gun?

I've been looking at an HT133 recently.

I asked that question in my local Stihl place and they said there is a special oil made from Himalayan moon orchids, and they would have to order it and didn't know how much it would cost. It came three weeks later, a very wee bottle, maybe 30ml, and cost €16. There was a stihl logo on the bottle. They said, just extend the shaft and rub it on then slide the shaft back in (stop sniggering) and the oil will migrate to all the bearings and that's that. Every 50 hours. Where they got this information, I don't know, but I followed instructions. Mice got at the plastic bottle and I found it chewed and leaking a few months later, about half the precious unguant gone. Decanted to a glass bottle and gave applied it a couple of times since. I'll post a pic of the bottle if I can find it....