Anyone thinking of selling a loader. Avant or similar

Stihl123

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Does a standard ratchet strap apply more than 500kg?

Have you never used one to move or lift much more? I know I have. Plus even if you cant apply much force while tightening the load will if it moves.

1 hour ago, josharb87 said:

So where should we secure things that need to be ratcheted down too?
All tie down points are 500kg

C3254E07-8C83-48B3-B03A-7B844C586E76.jpeg

Thats interesting. Never seen that before. There must be some stronger points like the chassis rail or they expect you to use a heck of a lot of straps. 

5 minutes ago, dan blocker said:

That’s the poor design of IW trailers with sides and others in that to tie/strap down any thing heavy there isn’t anything without those IW recessed ones or similar after market ones! Then if your moving chip, sand or stone they fill up. If 500kg was applied  as photo sides would probably bend in. I bet if the load was applied on hook next to where it’s welded on to body it would take In excess of 500kgs.

To get a swl of 500kg it would be tested to 1.5+ times that amount. I have seen plenty ripped out over the years.

I’m not involved in tying high loads of big bales onto trailer beds etc.

I normally just use standard straps to secure grinders etc. on the load bed, and occasionally throw a strap over the back of the Tranny when we’re brimmed to secure barrows, ton bags etc.

The main rule is that when you’ve pulled the strap tight and given it a couple of cranks, you MUST then flick the strap and say ‘That is going NOWHERE’.

It’s a legal requirement.

• Haha 7

On 05/10/2020 at 10:51, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Never mind the poly rope....  Show us more of the BBQ trailer!

Is that how you feed the lads on the job?  You'd be a contender for best boss - possibly even surpassing Mr Korrigan's 3 course lunch with vino!!

I do like the ' wine cooler' side boxes Kev  ;) K

• Like 1

2 hours ago, josharb87 said:

I think your being a bit over dramatic now @Justme has IFOR told you not to use ratchet straps on their title down points? 

tying into chassis rails is going to create areas where the straps are rubbing metal.

You dont tie to a chassis you hook into the designated point.

The 500kg limit is telling you not to exceed it. A 2t ratchet that won't actually snap till 4 t can exceed it.

2 hours ago, josharb87 said:

I think your being a bit over dramatic now @Justme has IFOR told you not to use ratchet straps on their title down points? 

tying into chassis rails is going to create areas where the straps are rubbing metal.

Wait till you are pulled by vosa then tell them it’s one of there ticket items when they can’t find anything else!

• Like 1