Kubota k008 auxiliary service

dig-dug-dan

On my kubota k008, I have two hydraulic ports, one labelled p, which is pump, and one t, which is tank.

I have been able to plug in my jcb beaver breaker into it, press the pedal,and use it fine. If I push the pedal the other way, the machine bogs down as if there is a restriction.

I have just purchased a post hole digger for it, and same thing, it goes round one way but wont reverse. I'm assuming I need to open up the machine and plumb something in somewhere, but not sure how. Has anyone else encountered this?

3 hours ago, dig-dug-dan said:

On my kubota k008, I have two hydraulic ports, one labelled p, which is pump, and one t, which is tank.

I have been able to plug in my jcb beaver breaker into it, press the pedal,and use it fine. If I push the pedal the other way, the machine bogs down as if there is a restriction.

I have just purchased a post hole digger for it, and same thing, it goes round one way but wont reverse. I'm assuming I need to open up the machine and plumb something in somewhere, but not sure how. Has anyone else encountered this?

Sounds like the spool the pedal actuates is only single acting.

• Thanks 1

I have a Yanmar B008 which looks very similar to the Kubota, on mine there is a spare hose underneath the floor which you can connect up to bypass the spool for breaker or other single function use, if you want to operate the pedal as pressure out to A or B then you swap the hose over under the floor so the oil will return from the spool valve - if you use it like that on a breaker or logsplitter it causes too much backpressure and slows everything down.

I put in a ball valve on the B (return) line on mine and connected to that straight to filter line under the floor so now if on the logsplitter the ballvalve is open and if on the timber grab the valve is closed.

If you have a pedal which will go both ways then surely they will have fitted the pipework under the floor already.

20200906_121357.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 06/09/2020 at 12:30, Kevm said:

I have a Yanmar B008 which looks very similar to the Kubota, on mine there is a spare hose underneath the floor which you can connect up to bypass the spool for breaker or other single function use, if you want to operate the pedal as pressure out to A or B then you swap the hose over under the floor so the oil will return from the spool valve - if you use it like that on a breaker or logsplitter it causes too much backpressure and slows everything down.

I put in a ball valve on the B (return) line on mine and connected to that straight to filter line under the floor so now if on the logsplitter the ballvalve is open and if on the timber grab the valve is closed.

If you have a pedal which will go both ways then surely they will have fitted the pipework under the floor already.

20200906_121357.jpg

I had a good look today, when you press the pedal, its attached to the huge valve bank where all the control levers go, and its go a blanked off spool that looks like it can be plumbed into. 

I now need to decide if to do this, or buy the digga flow changeover valve!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well the changeover valve was a non starter. Its huge and no where to plumb it in on such small machine without it being in the way.

I enquired about a kit from kubota to change it to two way, and it was over £700. So I think I will just drill one way and hope it doesn't get stuck!

Edited by dig-dug-dan