am i the first to have a problem with the husqvarna 550 mk2

markrufrider

4 hours ago, Khriss said:

@markrufrider  I have had a few e-carb models and would try to convert if possible to manual carb, ran and successfully tuned saws fr many years. No point to it - just dealer making money.  K

Very unfair to say dealers just making money, this is all about emissions, i suspect we would all like to go back to 162 and 254, but this is no longer acceptable, anti tamper carb screws were tried but people got round that, semi fixed jet carbs were tried, but these were temperamental in certain conditions, so here we are, no more tampering by quite frankly by operators who had no idea what they were doing.

ok so an update i spoke to the dealer yesterday they fitted a new coil an the saw was exactly the same no change is i said to the dealer if they actually plugged the saw in yes he said and the fault was coming up throttle valve fault code but it wasn't that as a new carb was fitted and still the same problem now they are going to pressure test the saw but there waiting on a part to arrive to do it so the issue still stands iv told them to get hold of husqvarna uk and speak to someone or send the saw back to them its not even a year old and already problems 

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, markrufrider said:

ok so an update i spoke to the dealer yesterday they fitted a new coil an the saw was exactly the same no change is i said to the dealer if they actually plugged the saw in yes he said and the fault was coming up throttle valve fault code but it wasn't that as a new carb was fitted and still the same problem now they are going to pressure test the saw but there waiting on a part to arrive to do it so the issue still stands iv told them to get hold of husqvarna uk and speak to someone or send the saw back to them its not even a year old and already problems 

Would that be the fuel solenoid ? Its only a cheap part . Have they tried a new one ?

It isn't like the Stihl unit where you can just change a small solenoid.

The usual method of fault finding on these saws is to see what fuel the AT unit is giving the saw and then diagnose what the fault may be.

If there is a big air leak, the AT unit will adjust the fuel to be rich to cope with it.

If the saw is holding high revs on idle, I would check the throttle linkage and the tightness of the cylinder bolts to start with. And go from there.

Strange a new coil and carb didn't work and can see why the saw is being pressure and vacuum tested now.

Any new carb needs to be programmed with the CST software and then set to the machine with 5 mins flat out running! 

• Like 3

I had a 550xp mark 2 with a badly installed crank seal (pushed in too far so wore out and started leaking). I'm fairly sure it had the same symptoms as yours. Ive had one with a dodgy coil which failed after a couple of weeks, another with a dodgy carb picked up on pdi and one with a slightly leaky oil pump. Less to do with the saw in general more a quality control at manufacturing if that makes any sense. I must say feedback is that the saw is really good and the customers who have had the problems still love the machine, once fixed of course :)

Hope you get it sorted soon.

• Like 3

On 10/09/2020 at 22:03, Mark_Skyland said:

I had a 550xp mark 2 with a badly installed crank seal (pushed in too far so wore out and started leaking). I'm fairly sure it had the same symptoms as yours. Ive had one with a dodgy coil which failed after a couple of weeks, another with a dodgy carb picked up on pdi and one with a slightly leaky oil pump. Less to do with the saw in general more a quality control at manufacturing if that makes any sense. I must say feedback is that the saw is really good and the customers who have had the problems still love the machine, once fixed of course :)

Hope you get it sorted soon.

totally agree i love it just waiting on results from pressure test ye if it comes back as a seal gone ima little annoyed with husqvarna quality control as it should not happen but in production some saws do get through with erros its just bad luck that iv got one hopefully it will all be fixed as soon as possible under warranty