H&S risk assessment

038AV

11 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Doesn’t matter! Got a template that was filled in 37 months ago - ergo - INDESTRUCTIBLE ??

Kev, last job i was on, contractor turned up with machine (  old one with NOT a label on it)   Site Inspector turned up from Client n ripped them a new ass hole over it,  could have chucked it off the job (  it was nothing to do with me but i Was cringing )    best it happened before start of works cos if an incident had occured they would be screwed   ?  k

9 hours ago, Paddy1000111 said:

From my last set of training I believe that a written H&S assessment is only required if you have over 5 staff? Most things like chippers come with their own H&S assessment anyway? 

5 or more staff.

But don't forget that in many instances, particularly if something goes wrong and yiur insurer is involved, a written RA may be very useful (the essence of which is to focus on the primary site/task hazards and precautions (controls), and ensure all on site are aware of them ...this can be simply noted on a pad/tablet.)

Cheers

Paul

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

I thought 5 or more workers on site, so if there are other firms working in the same development...

From HSE website / 'Management H&S Regs.' (and remember 'employees' also includes self-employed staff working under your direction and instruction.)

• assessments of the risks to employees, contractors, customers, partners, and any other people who could be affected by your activities - and record the significant findings in writing (if you employ five or more people). Any risk assessment must be ‘suitable and sufficient' 
  • Thanks 1

Dunno why this is such an issue with crews. Its a guard against proscecution / insurance non payout / Third Party action. Have explained this so much so many times.  Even a simple form app on yr phone will at least show you checked site and hazards against yr methods used. We had a few incidents last couple of years, and the RA-MS is the first question. K

Edited by Khriss
( how long do you want to spend in court aftr a fatality ?)

On 13/10/2020 at 10:27, Khriss said:

Dunno why this is such an issue with crews. Its a guard against proscecution / insurance non payout / Third Party action. Have explained this so much so many times.  Even a simple form app on yr phone will at least show you checked site and hazards against yr methods used. We had a few incidents last couple of years, and the RA-MS is the first question. K

Also, hopefully, a guard against people being hurt. The assessment isn't nearly as important as sharing the discussion and findings with site staff. Proof of that is paramount.

• Like 2