Zenoah 2500T

Cut4fun

Got a sgs clone here, non runner when it came to me...naff fuel lines....

Exhaust has some of that Chinese thick wire wool in it, worth removing.

Stihl narrow kerf (1.1mm 0.043") bar and chain improves cutting ability no end. Think I saw an "Archer" branded narrow kerf bar on fleebay for 10 quid t'other day, an ok option in place of Stihl bar.

I like it ! On anything upto 6" anyway.

But I always check it runs before taking it for an outing....😕

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cut4fun said:

Wow never seen the 425T over here.  Interesting.   👍   

Looking up 425T here comes back to a zenoah 2600 ? 

But it sure looks like this clone 2500.  Thanks for the leads

h425t.jpg

Actually bought one fr a mate, Paul, emigrating. From Honey bros,  then my cheap chinese top handle turned up 5 yrs later.... Started sucking my teeth somewhat..... 🤔  K

Just seen this... I bought another named version back in April after watching some videos on youtube - only got it for doing my fruit trees in the garden which were really bad out of control. I've used it a lot more than I expected to, though

It cost £85, delivered, and it is great little saw! Starts on 3rd pull every time - after about 10 presses of the primer bulb and doesn't miss a beatIMG_20200402_135630.thumb.jpg.d7b9a894eefd8e82be90ddafd8192c84.jpg

The bar is rubbish, IMO, but the chains are OK for what they are

Only complaint us the brake doesn't seem to do too much - it all works correctly, but it doesn't lock the chain so I'm guessing it's not catching around the drum correctly

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bmp01 said:

Yes, on mine the nose sprocket isn't concentric to the bearing, chain tension is all over the shop.

I've had mine for a while and the brake and everything work fine. The plastic's a bit tacky and the carb has been sorted out a few times as it used to go out of tune but it's good now.

16 hours ago, bmp01 said:

Yes, on mine the nose sprocket isnt concentric to the bearing, chain tension is all over the shop.

I've not noticed that with my one - but it does occasionally throw the chain off for no apparent reason!

12 hours ago, peatff said:

I've had mine for a while and the brake and everything work fine. The plastic's a bit tacky and the carb has been sorted out a few times as it used to go out of tune but it's good now.

I thought the plastics would be naff and just break when I first got it, but i think it is a lot stronger than it looks. Carb needed a little tweak after first run and I always think it sounds like it idles fast... but I've learned to just leave it alone.

Just need to have a look at the brake band, at worst I could buy a replacement and see if that is better

30 minutes ago, DCS6800i said:

I always think it sounds like it idles fast... but I've learned to just leave it alone.

Mine's like that and if I try to sort it it lags on pickup so it gets left alone. The chain is not running till I trigger it so it's not a problem. It has a decent bar on it but if I change it I would like to try a 10" replacement. What is the bar pattern on them anybody ?

• Like 1