Complaining neighbours

topchippyles

Evening all,Ok been on the forum for a good while and never seen the question i am asking about covered.I knocked down a tree for a family friend 2 weeks ago and i can keep all the wood and mill it in place.Had a full day cutting so around 4/5 hrs saw running time in between moving and sorting branches ect. The lady in question has now had a letter complaining about the noise so she is worried now about me milling it up in here garden as there are a lots of houses really close by.Is there a rule to thumb sort of thing using chainsaws in built up areas ? I have said i will speak with the council on her behalf but would like some feedback off you guys please thanks les.

4 minutes ago, Kent Arboreal said:

We get it in the ear from joe public all the time. Not so much the saws but the chipper. I used to worry, now I’m more of the opinion of wtf else do you want me to do with it? Six trailer loads instead of one? Turn up with 40 beavers and let em eat it? Piss off!

Just a real pain in the butt to be honest.

I got this from both side being retired but objecting to car noise as son goes off to work occasionally  at 3am. Plus I got a hot rod I start several times a year. I'm close to asking them to buy me out as I don't live in a retirement village! The have been ace over the years but hell, we still work for a living! 

I would say keep the noise to between 9 and 6 Weekdays then really no-one can complain.  I am sure the complainant would have a different attitude if work was being done for them.

The council will not be worried unless the noise is from a business being run from home or anti social hours.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Squaredy said:

I would say keep the noise to between 9 and 6 Weekdays then really no-one can complain.  I am sure the complainant would have a different attitude if work was being done for them.

The council will not be worried unless the noise is from a business being run from home or anti social hours.

This .

I would say milling timber in a back garden is antisociable , its quite an intense operation with a big saw. Can't really be compared with arb work where its a bit stop/start with saws and chippers. I am sure Mrs Miggins would agree, saying that a knock on the neighbours door to let them know what you are doing would go a long way.

Bob

3 hours ago, woody paul said:

Ringing council is probably the worst thing you can do. If neighbour dose ring them and complain then they come out you could put it to them how else are you going to move it without cutting it up. 

She has had a letter and it asks to respond so its not an problem. Had many issues with the council over the years but dealing with boundary and access issues to undertake work but this is a new one.

Edited by topchippyles