6 lt compressor

nemcc

2 minutes ago, mtt.tr said:

but a receiver allow for continuous flow at pressure for longer, yours relies soley on your pump keeping up unless its a really high cfm and pressure it wont keep up

Oh . Ok .  All the while it is on there is continuous flow , at a constant pressure .  . It only stops when I switch it off, but  hey ho .

Edited by Stubby

5 minutes ago, spudulike said:

I agree with Stubby, there is no issue with a no tank compressor for air gun applications. Sure, you cant run a rattle gun off them but they are very suitable for cleaning saws - just switch it on and go. 

We aren't making it up, it is what it is and it works!

My reference was for rattle guns, which i wouldnt be without

6 minutes ago, spudulike said:

Not being funny but the OPs remit was for cleaning saws and pumping tyres and the no tank design will do that just fine.?

This . Mine does anyway . Having worked for many years in a tool room with a massive compressor with a huge tank I can honestly say that for air line use and pumping up truck tiers there is no decernable difference .

Edited by Stubby

On 25/09/2020 at 09:10, openspaceman said:

Aldi one on special buy his week.

I've no idea  if it's any good but find that my ferrex tools are cheap and fine for occasional use.

WWW.ALDI.CO.UK

Find Ferrex 2.5HP Air Compressor at ALDI.

And twenty quid cheaper than I paid for my similar compressor 15 years ago!

• 3 months later...

Anyone tried the Hyundai silenced jobs FR Jones have? We've got a big 250l Clarke twin in my folks workshop but I want something a bit handier for our new house, problem is while the Clarke is relatively quiet all the little ones I've ever tried have been ridiculously noisy, to the point if I was trying to clean a saw late for work the next day I'd feel bad for the neighbours switching it on!

Looks like you pay a bit more for a bit less power if you want a quiet screw drive machine but will 150 l/min be sufficient for cleaning saws and inflating tyres? Could go up to a 50l twin motor available in ebay if not.