Rope runner pro

On 18/03/2022 at 22:34, Al Duffill said:

Hey all, the RRP is back in stock, ordered one and can’t wait to use it and compare against the BDB emoji846.pngemoji269.png

I'd be interested to hear your opinion between the two.

I ordered a rrp yesterday. I have previously held fire on mechanicals so it will be interesting.

I nearly bought a bdb a while back now, but the swl was a concern to me. The rrp is happy with something like 140kg wll. 

I got my RRP today, I’ve not climbed on yet but have been getting familiar with it, my initial findings are it takes up more rope and weighs 20g more, which surprised me actually, just running them both up and down on some rope in the house the RRP feels a lot slicker but I like the hand position of the BDB, it feels more like a traditional hitch and not just using your fingers on the bird of the RRP.
I’m planning a reccy tomorrow and I’ll report back.

I’m not excited at all [emoji38]

So I had a reccy climb with both BDB and RRP today on Yale Blaze, the BDB I had stop using as the Blaze is narrower than the Tachyon I used to use, it was creeping a lot, I’ll have to change the bollard or borrow some Tachyon. The RRP and Blaze were great, low n slow to start then eventually climbed up to TIP about 12m up, descended slowly and climbed back up, it was quick, I had a chest harness attached and the RRP just ran up the rope with me, no friction at all, the tree was an Alder so an easy hands on climb but I was amazed by the speed I got up, it truly is a rope runner, well done Kevin Bingham.
I’ll sort my BDB out to give a proper comparison.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

Since now I was just a silent reader. I am Oliver and climb in Austria. Since November with the Roperunner Pro and although there are lot of things to be aware of with this machine I'm really happy with it.

Last week we had a resque aireal training day, so the question came up what is the recommendation of notch about using the RRPro in a situation like this.

I was so disappointed by the communication with them so I want to share that.

Notch (skipped the name) :

"Hello Oliver,
Check out some of the youtube videos on using the rope runner pro in rescue situations. I think you will see that these videos provide you with plenty of information.

Best,..."

Me:

"OK... Are there no producers recommendations?

I allready searched on YouTube. Du you have some links?"

Notch:

"I do not have specific links. I searched under rope runner pro rescue and came up with tons of videos.

Best,... "

I feel well supported...

Have a good climbing week

Oliver

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/04/2022 at 16:48, OliverG said:

Hi everyone.

Since now I was just a silent reader. I am Oliver and climb in Austria. Since November with the Roperunner Pro and although there are lot of things to be aware of with this machine I'm really happy with it.

Last week we had a resque aireal training day, so the question came up what is the recommendation of notch about using the RRPro in a situation like this.

I was so disappointed by the communication with them so I want to share that.

Notch (skipped the name) :

"Hello Oliver,
Check out some of the youtube videos on using the rope runner pro in rescue situations. I think you will see that these videos provide you with plenty of information.

Best,..."

Me:

"OK... Are there no producers recommendations?

I allready searched on YouTube. Du you have some links?"

Notch:

"I do not have specific links. I searched under rope runner pro rescue and came up with tons of videos.

Best,... "

I feel well supported...

Have a good climbing week

Oliver

That's a bit shit...

I've had mine for a few weeks now, maybe four. I gotta say, I love it, and it has become my first pick over a hitch and rw system. It tends sooooo easy, is great.

Big thumbs up from me, glad I spent the money.

Only downside for me, and it's a little one with my notch rook on the bridge.. sometimes I miss being able to combine twin systems on the spare hole on the hitchclimber. But that may just be the big mrs part of me talking ! 

1 hour ago, Joe Newton said:

That's more than a bit shit. It's almost like Notch don't actually know anything about the products they're selling...

I agree totally Joe.

It’s a totally unacceptable response.

I don’t use the Runner myself and have no issues with it per se, but you’d expect better when peoples lives are literally on the line.

• Like 1