Rope runner pro

Hello mate.  They are both great.

It isn’t so much which I like best.  For me the choice is what job I have to do.

Sticky pine and spruce, I use the bdb because it works well on the bits of tachyon I have that I don’t mind getting covered in sap.

Large prunes I use a 60 metre rope.  I run the rope runners on those.  Cougar Orange and Samson Voyager.

I have just got some Courant Squir but I am saving that till the weather is nicer.  

One thing I have noticed, the RRP is recently the bird is slacking a bit.  Sometimes it doesn’t bite and engage. Could be a bit disconcerting if you were not expecting it.  I have been running the top bollard fully open and the weather has been pretty cold.  Minus 14 c this morning on the way to work.

I did tighten the bollard today and it worked better but not as smooth in descent.  

Who knows?  It might just need a wash or the spring had gone or just the cold weather.

• Like 1

Hello mate.  They are both great.

It isn’t so much which I like best.  For me the choice is what job I have to do.

Sticky pine and spruce, I use the bdb because it works well on the bits of tachyon I have that I don’t mind getting covered in sap.

Large prunes I use a 60 metre rope.  I run the rope runners on those.  Cougar Orange and Samson Voyager.

I have just got some Courant Squir but I am saving that till the weather is nicer.  

One thing I have noticed, the RRP is recently the bird is slacking a bit.  Sometimes it doesn’t bite and engage. Could be a bit disconcerting if you were not expecting it.  I have been running the top bollard fully open and the weather has been pretty cold.  Minus 14 c this morning on the way to work.

I did tighten the bollard today and it worked better but not as smooth in descent.  

Who knows?  It might just need a wash or the spring had gone or just the cold weather.

Thanks. As I expected, a bit of common sense and specific tools for specific applications.
Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Update on the runner. 

I messages Notch to ask and apparently there is a batch due on the 12th April. 

Once all the back orders have been sent out we should start to see them here but no time frame given. 

Been reading up on the BDB and in two minds whether that would be a better device to purchase now rather than waiting for rope runner. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 

18 hours ago, treevolution said:

Update on the runner. 

Once all the back orders have been sent out we should start to see them here but no time frame given. 

Been reading up on the BDB and in two minds whether that would be a better device to purchase now rather than waiting for rope runner. 

Thanks 

i have been climbing on a bulldog for a few years now, i really like it, i doesnt require tweaking or adjusting all the time.

it works in the wet ok. i have been using it with non ce cougar blue which was fine although the rope did flatten out a bit, i am now using the xstatic rope which seems better.

i like the way you can use the device drt too, althouh its not great like this its fine if you need to climb your way up drt then switch to srt of to descend drt at the end of the climb.

i havent used any other srt devices so sorry i cant compare, but the bulldog is well made and does the job imo.

you could do a shout on here if anyone local has one you can have a quick blast on ??

carl

18 hours ago, treevolution said:

Update on the runner. 

Thanks 

I have both.  They both work great.

For me it is more the task at hand.  See top post on this page.

I will add to that IMO the RRPro is a lot more refined.   BUT the BDB is bombproof.

Mine is a bit old and worn now but has seen a shit ton of work.

• Like 1