Breaker Bar and Cant Hook

TuscanPhil

Question

Thought I'd post in this forum as it seemed the best fit.  I have a new (to me) saw and have also bought a 'Chinese' chainsaw mill to have a play with some felled oaks and other trees I have 'lying' around.  In order to help me more the logs to better positions, I'm fairly sure I need a breaker bar / cant hook such as this:  

WWW.TOOLSTODAY.CO.UK

<h2>Husqvarna Long Breaking Bar With Cant Hook 130cm</h2> <p>The new design and improved material specification gives a durable and robust product. Forged...

I've also seen this tool that might allow me to do a few extra tasks such as raising the log for cross cutting, raising it when milling etc etc. 

FOREST-MASTER.COM

Buy the Forest Master FMLL Log Lifter. Easily lift and chainsaw large logs into manageable lengths. The FMLL lifts the whole log off the ground at once.

Any advice / feedback on either tool or suggestions as to what else to look at?  The Forest Master one maybe looks flimsy, so I don't know how long it will last, plus I won't be moving logs on nice smooth concrete surfaces!!

19 minutes ago, TuscanPhil said:

Thought I'd post in this forum as it seemed the best fit.  I have a new (to me) saw and have also bought a 'Chinese' chainsaw mill to have a play with some felled oaks and other trees I have 'lying' around.  In order to help me more the logs to better positions, I'm fairly sure I need a breaker bar / cant hook such as this:  

WWW.TOOLSTODAY.CO.UK

<h2>Husqvarna Long Breaking Bar With Cant Hook 130cm</h2> <p>The new design and improved material specification gives a durable and robust product. Forged...

I've also seen this tool that might allow me to do a few extra tasks such as raising the log for cross cutting, raising it when milling etc etc. 

FOREST-MASTER.COM

Buy the Forest Master FMLL Log Lifter. Easily lift and chainsaw large logs into manageable lengths. The FMLL lifts the whole log off the ground at once.

Any advice / feedback on either tool or suggestions as to what else to look at?  The Forest Master one maybe looks flimsy, so I don't know how long it will last, plus I won't be moving logs on nice smooth concrete surfaces!!

I have the " Woodchuck " jobbie the lifts the log and it works fine but I don't use it much . I have all manner  of cant hooks and pickaroons that all do a job . Its just carrying them around !

13 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I have the " Woodchuck " jobbie the lifts the log and it works fine but I don't use it much . I have all manner  of cant hooks and pickaroons that all do a job . Its just carrying them around !

Not quite sure I follow you - What's the 'Woodchuck' one as I can't see that name anywhere?

3 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Woodchuck Dual I think its called . Have other tools by them .

This one?

WOODCHUCKTOOL.COM

The Dual and Jack Peavey/Cant Hook with optional Jack stand lifts up to 20 inches and rolls up to 30 inches helps you cut and keep your saw sharp. Made in USA.

American website?

2 minutes ago, TuscanPhil said:

This one?

WOODCHUCKTOOL.COM

The Dual and Jack Peavey/Cant Hook with optional Jack stand lifts up to 20 inches and rolls up to 30 inches helps you cut and keep your saw sharp. Made in USA.

American website?

That's the fella only mine has got the foot on it to lift the log and keep it there whilst you ring it up .  Got Husqvarna cant hook/breaker bars yada yada yada .

• Like 1

Hi when I first started milling I used my felling bar as it had a hook on it and it worked but wasnt very good so when I got my bandmill I got a nice big Cant Hook what  a diffrence it rolls big logs turns square cants ,so if you want to be moving big logs get a propper cant hook I wish I had got one yrs ago.

• Like 1