Treatment for oak table?

DanIel Kellaway

• 2 months later...
On 06/11/2020 at 08:20, DanIel Kellaway said:

I tried sanding it and treating using tung oil. It has had a nice finish but requires regular treatment. Is osmo oil harder wearing with the same type of finish on oak?

Osmo is what I coated my kitchen worktop I installed in my house in Norway, very popular for that and you can get a more harder wearing version for floors I believe? 

It lasts quite a while but dont do what the folk renting the house off of me did and that was use it as a chopping board. :/ They cut right through to the wood and water etc got in. Its an easy fix though, sand back and recoat. As a coffee table the Osmo Hardwax would be perfect, it can take some abuse.

Still, my go-to is still Danish Oil. (I should get shares in that stuff. :D ) 

60_294061120.jpg

60_721536320.jpg

IMG_4011.JPG

• 1 month later...
On 23/12/2020 at 00:14, leemalie3 said:

Go for sanding with a smaller grit and then apply a single coat of wood preservative. Then apply 3-5 coat of Morrells Tung Oil. Avoid direct sunlight or heat from your oak table. Keep it moisturized and it will be as it is for a longer period. Cheers