Wasp problem

gobbypunk

Just now, lukey_loki said:

A slightly more eco friendly option is soapy water. It apparently blocks their respiratory system and kills them almost instantly. It's worth a google for ratio and best type of soap etc.

Is the eco-friendly option before or after burning 20 odd liters of petrol not to mention bar and 2 stroke oil milling up the Oak? :D 

Mark, it's late August; the wasps will be gone soon.  Leave them where they are and come back to the butt in a couple of weeks.
They're coming into their crankiest time of the year though, as the queen starts to expel them from the nest and they become rhe most persistent bad tempered shits ever. - Hate them all, and why is it the best tool to find them with is the short reach (closest contact) hedgecutter.

1 minute ago, skc101fc said:
3 hours ago, nepia said:
Mark, it's late August; the wasps will be gone soon.  Leave them where they are and come back to the butt in a couple of weeks.

They're coming into their crankiest time of the year though, as the queen starts to expel them from the nest 

sck - i know the drones get kicked out  this time of year  as they are lazy. is it the same for the workers? 

3 minutes ago, Paul Cleaver said:

sck - i know the drones get kicked out  this time of year  as they are lazy. is it the same for the workers? 

The drones only last for a day when they all fly after a queen, she rips the gonads out of the one that catches up with her and uses the contents for the rest of her life. All the workers are females and they have a venomous sting derived from a modified ovipositor, drones don't lay eggs so have no ovipositor.

8 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

The drones only last for a day when they all fly after a queen, she rips the gonads out of the one that catches up with her and uses the contents for the rest of her life. All the workers are females and they have a venomous sting derived from a modified ovipositor, drones don't lay eggs so have no ovipositor.

I saw a once in a life time event. I was carrying out a tree surgery job one day, and the client was with me. I saw a drone and was explaining how to distinquish  a drone from a worker. Out of the blue, a queen wasp dived on the drone and raped him!!! wow. So the queen seeked the drone.

So if I just leave the butt alone will they die ,as I got stung to **************** and as a lot of you have said they are getting nasty even when using the Woodlands I am getting hassled by them ,I am thinking a big bucket of petrol mixed with diesel as I have a load that we syphoned out of my mates sons car I have some of those white disposible suites I will try and film it so you can have a laugh