Wasp problem

gobbypunk

Hi I have a big oak butt in the yard and I have a big wasps nest in the rotten end had a go with foam wasp nest destroyer didnt work then expanding foam and the wasps I didnt seal inside were mining their way back in had another go yesterday and got stung to F##c good job I am not allergic so my question is how do I get rid  I did think petrol 

1 minute ago, gobbypunk said:

Hi I have a big oak butt in the yard and I have a big wasps nest in the rotten end had a go with foam wasp nest destroyer didnt work then expanding foam and the wasps I didnt seal inside were mining their way back in had another go yesterday and got stung to F##c good job I am not allergic so my question is how do I get rid  I did think petrol 

Last time I had wasps there was a whole wall full of them. When you banged the wall the bloody thing  vibrated with the number of them. You could actually see the flying line of them coming in and the line flying out for quite a considerable distance.

I suited up with one of these all-in-one white suits, taped up the cuffs and sprayed and sprayed the hole they where coming out with over a series of days. They where super angry and kept on coming in and out. Eventually killed them all though.

Id be tempted to put a bin bag, or even a tent over the end and gas the buggers out. 

1 hour ago, gobbypunk said:

Rather than petrol...how about carbon monoxide... got a petrol genny or something you can duct the fumes in?

It's not fast but deprivation of Oxygen does it for most things.

Always tackle nests at dusk as the wasps are knackered and sleepy by then. I have found the white powder wasp killer pretty good. Wrap up well when doing it, you can fabricate a puffer with a jar, line in, line out and a compressor. You can then use a long bit of conduit pipe or similar to keep away.

Had 8 nest on a public footpath near me used nippon ant powder as I was told by a local bee keeper the best to use. Got extending pruner with large spoon taped to it. Even did a hornets nest the other day in tree, don't like doing them in but was getting upto 10 a night in doors. 

Sorry to be the killjoy, but you will actually get a better kill by just dousing the nest in petrol. The fumes are toxic to wasps and bees, and are more prolonged than the brief flash of flame if you ignite it. For many years I kept bees, and once had a seriously bad tempered hive that became dangerous to even be close to. An old timer told me to simply tip a cup of petrol into the base of the hive at night, in the morning they'd all be dead including hatching grubs, and the sealed honey was still edible.
...... I do like a good whooompf of fire though, followed by the yummy scent of scorched eyebrows, beard and arm hair .

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, skc101fc said:

Sorry to be the killjoy, but you will actually get a better kill by just dousing the nest in petrol. The fumes are toxic to wasps and bees, and are more prolonged than the brief flash of flame if you ignite it. For many years I kept bees, and once had a seriously bad tempered hive that became dangerous to even be close to. An old timer told me to simply tip a cup of petrol into the base of the hive at night, in the morning they'd all be dead including hatching grubs, and the sealed honey was still edible.
...... I do like a good whooompf of fire though, followed by the yummy scent of scorched eyebrows, beard and arm hair .

Nothing living can withstand a good fire and some fun doing them in