Big CC Chainsaws a thing of the past or will new models come out soon?

Jamie Jones

Must be some differences surely?
(Looks sweet[emoji6][emoji106])
Yes you're right, the difference is a minor cosmetic change. Top cover and air filter cover has a slight bulge on ms720, the whole deal with ms720 was to actually combat imitation that was rampant at that point of time. Stihl was trying to overcome that problem, and it didnt make much of an impact.

They soon realised 3rd world dumbasses dont care for the difference and the illiterate folks are used to the number 070 and whatever that dont show that number isnt good enough or are fake.

They had to actually keep making 070 rather than 720 due to that lol
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

That’s the problem,
It’ll cost me that again, maybe more to make it tasty.emoji6.png
But very tempting.
emoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.png

I think i sold about 10 070s within 3 months, mainly to oz. Buyers take the 070 and swap the 66mm top end and the 6 piece clutch for 090 conversion. 

I ran out of the conversion kit, the kit is in high demand now

IMG_20210113_083838.jpg

• Like 2

Mornin, Mates. I was searching for info on an old Elwell pole axe I found at auction, and stumbled on your site. I'm a fourth generation Arborist, retired. When I saw "Big CC chainsaws" , it struck a chord in my heart, so I had to look. I love big saws. I know you were talking about the extinction of big saws, but I collect the old ones. My biggest is my Dad's 180CC Disston DA211, twin cylinder. I have 100+ CC saws from Stihl, Homelite, McCulloch, Pioneer, David Bradley, and some small makers that used the Power Products engines. I'll see if i can post a couple pics.

In the mean time, can anyone point me in the direction to find info on my Elwell pole axe? Thanks, Joe.

scejAEd.jpg

WMBMxKx.jpg

FMFniqF.jpg

• Like 5

Mornin, Mates. I was searching for info on an old Elwell pole axe I found at auction, and stumbled on your site. I'm a fourth generation Arborist, retired. When I saw "Big CC chainsaws" , it struck a chord in my heart, so I had to look. I love big saws. I know you were talking about the extinction of big saws, but I collect the old ones. My biggest is my Dad's 180CC Disston DA211, twin cylinder. I have 100+ CC saws from Stihl, Homelite, McCulloch, Pioneer, David Bradley, and some small makers that used the Power Products engines. I'll see if i can post a couple pics.

In the mean time, can anyone point me in the direction to find info on my Elwell pole axe? Thanks, Joe.
scejAEd.jpg
WMBMxKx.jpg
FMFniqF.jpg

Can’t help with your post but is your username a reference to a 383ci Formula S Barracuda?

Yes, you are good. It's a 383, 4 speed Convertible. I bought it from the original owner in 1999 and drove it for a few years, then took it apart to restore. Kids, house, work, got in the way. I just talked to the restoration shop that is going to do it, he's going to start on it in 4-5 weeks. Do a search for Bucky Hess, he's a Super Stock Hemi Cuda racer that restores Mopar race cars. This is the car when I got it. Looks like a little old lady's car, until you open the hood. Sorry wrong pic, not sure how to edit it out, here's the car too.

H6FIR32.jpg

4laqa2f.jpg

Edited by rarefish383
Wrong pic
  • Like 2

Yes, you are good. It's a 383, 4 speed Convertible. I bought it from the original owner in 1999 and drove it for a few years, then took it apart to restore. Kids, house, work, got in the way. I just talked to the restoration shop that is going to do it, he's going to start on it in 4-5 weeks. Do a search for Bucky Hess, he's a Super Stock Hemi Cuda racer that restores Mopar race cars. This is the car when I got it. Looks like a little old lady's car, until you open the hood. Sorry wrong pic, not sure how to edit it out, here's the car too.
H6FIR32.jpg
4laqa2f.jpg

I just sold this rare RHD Fish. :) Also a Vert but just a lowly 318. Was gonna drop a ‘68 340 in if I kept it.

IMG_1122.jpg

I’ve also got a ‘71 Valiant Charger. It’s an Aussie A Body.

IMG_3909.jpg

Nice to see another Mopar on here. A 383 in a Vert A Body mist be fun! You’ll need those Torque Boxes with that combo! 8 3/4” rear end?

• 1 month later...

Clone 888 aka 880 later run 880's with 2 piece mufflers. US $569 prebuilt. 

Plastics feel oem like imho so far. 😎

Now those are some bling and much thicker dawgs. Chrome like. 😳

Didn’t touch carb to see. 40:1 for me with 90 efree with VPracing oil. Best saw to date out of the box from Farmertec so far.

Smoothest afm tensioner to date.

Nicest afm handle rubber to date. Overly impressed.

gg884446.jpg

gg88888888888888888.jpg

gg8888888888888888888.jpg

gg8888888888888.jpg

gg8888888888888888888888888.jpg

• Like 5