Big CC Chainsaws a thing of the past or will new models come out soon?

Jamie Jones

2 minutes ago, spudulike said:

One that missed me I think.....I do have a Cornish customer that said he was running a 42" bar on his spud ported 395, reckoned it pulled pretty well as well....it even impressed me!!

Hi Steve . You may still get it yet . It was from the Walker saw shop ( over the pond ) Its how it came to me yonks ago . It has the MM but not sure what has been done inside , if anything bud !

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, spudulike said:

One that missed me I think.....I do have a Cornish customer that said he was running a 42" bar on his spud ported 395, reckoned it pulled pretty well as well....it even impressed me!!

There's a guy on Youtube (Treeson) who runs a 42" on his 395. Not sure if it's ported. Husky rate them for 36" standard so ported should pull a 42" fine.

Might even get round to using mine one day. Has a .404 36" on it. Might bring it to you first, while it's still clean. ?

2 minutes ago, Moose McAlpine said:

There's a guy on Youtube (Treeson) who runs a 42" on his 395. Not sure if it's ported. Husky rate them for 36" standard so ported should pull a 42" fine.

Might even get round to using mine one day. Has a .404 36" on it. Might bring it to you first, while it's still clean. ?

Mine pulls a 36" .404 no bother .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spudulike said:

I am not pushing for work, the opposite in fact, I am trying to take it easy but it seems most of the arb world have me in their contacts list!

Anyway....you should be taking it easy!!

Well my beloved 395 ain't gonna port itself! ?

(Or my 525, 540, 550, 572, 3120...)

I still need to bring you my T525 to look at/retune.

Edited by Moose McAlpine

4 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Mine pulls a 36" .404 no bother .

I'm wondering what the difference in pull/load is between running a 36" in ⅜ or .404.

Since .404 is bigger teeth, but less of them. Maybe it works out the same. ?

I put this together but never tried it like this. Did run it with a 28" and it was bloody fierce though! ?

20200405_225026.thumb.jpg.02052be8a1c14e5c7a92691bae1f2e53.jpg

• Like 2

I'm wondering what the difference in pull/load is between running a 36" in ⅜ or .404.

Since .404 is bigger teeth, but less of them. Maybe it works out the same. [emoji848]

I put this together but never tried it like this. Did run it with a 28" and it was bloody fierce though! [emoji51]

About 1-2mm kerf difference.
That should equate to about 10%.speed increase if all else is equal.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Moose McAlpine said:

Since .404 is bigger teeth, but less of them. Maybe it works out the same. ?

I put this together but never tried it like this. Did run it with a 28" and it was bloody fierce though! ?

Im not sure about the exact figures, all i know is 404 puts heck a lot more load than 3/8ths. 404 rim/spur is slightly bigger, so it robs more tq and gives abit more rpm. Ported 395 wont feel 404s load

• Like 1