Covid 19 inconsistencies

Acerforestry

8 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Short enough not to be too tedious:

This makes great watching, its great to know the deaths have been so low, and nowhere near the 250K prediction.

But just remember in February this virus was spreading like wild fire, but lockdown was brought in and had the desired effect of slowing the transmission to the low levels we experienced during the summer. Had it not been for the measures put in place by our government the figures the ONS were recording would have been much, much higher. Control measures work.

Transmission rates and deaths are now on the increase and the people of Britain need to wake up, be sensible and support the government, but more importantly support the rest of the population.

We need to stop spreading the drivel that the anti establishment and conspiration theorists are spreading and start to wake up to reality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

If memory serves, around 8% of the population are reckoned to have had covid 19 already. According to this dataset *, 90.9% of people that died with covid had an underlying health condition. So, todays overall death toll is 41902, from which you can extrapolate that approximately 38089 had health issues pre-covid and 3813 didn't. Most of those that didn't would have fallen into the 70 plus age bracket, as the chap in the video (who I didn't like, but he wasn't lying) alluded to. So even if 100% of the population got it, that would only mean 47662 would succumb, most of whom would be over 70. I'm obviously not saying that that is acceptable so:

Simple solution is to allow the under 60/70s without preexisting health conditions to carry on as normal. Isolate and protect the old and the ill and don't let the economy and society tank. The human costs of poverty and social isolation through this lockdown will be far worse than anything the virus could do now.

Given that obesity is a risk factor, I wonder how many of the younger victims without comorbidities were overweight?

WWW.ONS.GOV.UK

Number of deaths registered each month in England and Wales, including deaths involving the coronavirus (COVID-19), by age, sex and region.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GardenKit said:

This makes great watching, its great to know the deaths have been so low, and nowhere near the 250K prediction.

But just remember in February this virus was spreading like wild fire, but lockdown was brought in and had the desired effect of slowing the transmission to the low levels we experienced during the summer. Had it not been for the measures put in place by our government the figures the ONS were recording would have been much, much higher. Control measures work.

Transmission rates and deaths are now on the increase and the people of Britain need to wake up, be sensible and support the government, but more importantly support the rest of the population.

We need to stop spreading the drivel that the anti establishment and conspiration theorists are spreading and start to wake up to reality.

I’ll meet you in the middle for part of that...

The part that discusses the probable beneficial effect of some previous preventative and preparatory measures. 

Id highlight some of the glaringly obvious omissions from those ‘common sense’ early prep’s though - like failure to shut down international flights etc. 

Much of the main thrust of the post  [my interpretation - get with the program, do as your told, don’t question the system] is not so agreeable I’m afraid.  BigJ has already extrapolated many of the reasons for that above. 

Here we are NOW, 7 months down the road and much better able to examine facts, figures and theories against hypothesis.  I find myself able to agree again with your closing statement - wake up to reality - but, I suspect our versions / interpretations of that ‘reality’ may differ somewhat. 

34 minutes ago, Big J said:

If memory serves, around 8% of the population are reckoned to have had covid 19 already. According to this dataset *, 90.9% of people that died with covid had an underlying health condition. So, todays overall death toll is 41902, from which you can extrapolate that approximately 38089 had health issues pre-covid and 3813 didn't. Most of those that didn't would have fallen into the 70 plus age bracket, as the chap in the video (who I didn't like, but he wasn't lying) alluded to. So even if 100% of the population got it, that would only mean 47662 would succumb, most of whom would be over 70. I'm obviously not saying that that is acceptable so:

Simple solution is to allow the under 60/70s without preexisting health conditions to carry on as normal. Isolate and protect the old and the ill and don't let the economy and society tank. The human costs of poverty and social isolation through this lockdown will be far worse than anything the virus could do now.

Given that obesity is a risk factor, I wonder how many of the younger victims without comorbidities were overweight?

WWW.ONS.GOV.UK

Number of deaths registered each month in England and Wales, including deaths involving the coronavirus (COVID-19), by age, sex and region.

So the over 60' should be isolated from the rest of society, while the younger ones carry on as normal?

Surely 'normal' includes visiting parents, grandparents etc?

Or visiting businesses run by over 60's of which there are many.