Covid 19 inconsistencies

Acerforestry

Just now, Big J said:

I'm starting to concede that that is a likely reason. I wish it wasn't. 

I hate being treated like an idiot, and I have always passionately hated anyone telling me I can't do something without a good reason. The government is becoming the ultimate proponent of the "because I said so" school of thought. 

I cant think of one government in the West that is not doing near enough the same thing. Ok, maybe not Sweden. :D Add to that what Australia and NZ are doing and the UK is lagging behind in the Jack Boot race. Oz has pretty much closed their boarders, even to their own citizens. I know an Aussie Lad who works in Ghana, had to take a months forced holiday in the UK before going back to Ghana for another month because he could not get back into his own country. Then you have the far east and their draconian measures. 

so this rule of 6 bollox.

planes full of 25 x 6 people ? = Allowed.

Pub tables of 6 x 6 people ? = Allowed.

Weddings of 15 x 2,  10 x 3 , or 5 x 6 = Allowed.

BLM march - any number = Allowed.

Family of 5 wanting to have gran and grandad for sunday lunch ? BANNED

yep its total and utter bollox and will be giving it zero adherence, if plod fines me ill refuse to pay and have my day in court.

• Like 7

so this rule of 6 bollox.

planes full of 25 x 6 people ? = Allowed.

Pub tables of 6 x 6 people ? = Allowed.

Weddings of 15 x 2,  10 x 3 , or 5 x 6 = Allowed.

BLM march - any number = Allowed.

Family of 5 wanting to have gran and grandad for sunday lunch ? BANNED

Isn't  it all abour saving the economy but limit spread hence only allowed more than 6 in places people spend money bur not visiting someone house etc.

It's been demonstrated not to work. Why do they persist with it?

Coz they are idiots i reckon don't buy the control idea

Edited by Stere

25 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Interesting. She loves her milk as well. Has a hot glass of it before her morning nap and again in the evening. I'll get the wife to try her on Goats milk for a while then. 

Thanks. 

we use to freeze it in blocks for them, i just asked my dad as i was a nipper, and he said when we went on holiday (which wasnt often) they stocked up as they didnt want to run out.

Fingers crossed for you bud, worse feeling in the world seeing your kids in discomfort and not being able to do anything about it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Big J said:

I'm starting to concede that that is a likely reason. I wish it wasn't. 

I hate being treated like an idiot, and I have always passionately hated anyone telling me I can't do something without a good reason. The government is becoming the ultimate proponent of the "because I said so" school of thought. 

J I’m afraid I’ve felt this way from day one of the lunacy that is Covid. Myself Andy and several others on here have stuck with this line from the beginning. There is no logic in much of what is being enforced. The level of utter control will be ramped up until people say enough is enough.  
Sadly even on a forum of supposedly independent thinking predominantly self employed individuals those whom questioned the whole virus hysteria were derided not that long ago. We are being duped on a scale never seen before either intentionally or due to the inability of political types to own up to the fact they totally got it wrong right at the beginning and feel they cannot get out of the lie. At least you are not under Sturgeon rule, Scotland’s cases have been nowhere near a level to vindicate the restrictions we have had to adhere to up here. As I’ve said before I know of no one whom knows anyone who has died of this virus. What i am aware of  is the number of guys whom have become unemployed over this bullshit pointless lockdown period. In my case it’s 8 personally including one of my lads and 6 at the firm whom I predominantly contract too. Myself I’m currently about 60-70%down this year vs last with no chance of turning that around. 
The ironic thing is no one is holding these politicians to account over the whole point of the initial lockdown and it’s manifest ineffectiveness in doing anything of long term benefit. The Swedish guy whom took an absolute pasting over his approach at the beginning of all this has every right to stand in front of all his detractors and say well I told you so you bloody fools. 

• Like 7

Flew back from Bergen via Amsterdam few days back and the difference in countries attitudes and approach is incredible. Norway, no masks unless you wanted too not really much distancing lots of hand was stations. Basic common sense I’d say. Schiphol was a mix of two camps. Pretty sure the masks were on a guidance not enforcement basis unless in the departure lounges at least that’s how it seemed, distancing was in place but once again common sense played a big part. On the other hand like some thing out of a sci fi movie there were groups of predominantly Asian travellers in full hazmat suits with masks, goggle, visors and latex gloves talk about brain washed and scared into conforming ?‍♂️?‍♂️. Landing in Aberdeen was back to nanny state SNP rules with an overzealous jobsworth policeman going up and down the line pulling people up for not having masks fitted correctly or the correct distance between each person. I felt guilt and a degree of sadness taking the pic of the father and the little kid, shameful that this is classed as even remotely acceptable. 

8CFD6D85-C5E7-4ABC-AA28-345A63FF2979.jpeg

4F6A8217-8F41-49D7-8030-7957D354DD8E.jpeg

• Haha 2

Flew back from Bergen via Amsterdam few days back and the difference in countries attitudes and approach is incredible. Norway, no masks unless you wanted too not really much distancing lots of hand was stations. Basic common sense I’d say. Schiphol was a mix of two camps. Pretty sure the masks were on a guidance not enforcement basis unless in the departure lounges at least that’s how it seemed, distancing was in place but once again common sense played a big part. On the other hand like some thing out of a sci fi movie there were groups of predominantly Asian travellers in full hazmat suits with masks, goggle, visors and latex gloves talk about brain washed and scared into conforming ?‍♂️?‍♂️. Landing in Aberdeen was back to nanny state SNP rules with an overzealous jobsworth policeman going up and down the line pulling people up for not having masks fitted correctly or the correct distance between each person. I felt guilt and a degree of sadness taking the pic of the father and the little kid, shameful that this is classed as even remotely acceptable. 
8CFD6D85-C5E7-4ABC-AA28-345A63FF2979.thumb.jpeg.073880e9ceddc841f7facf631082eb47.jpeg
4F6A8217-8F41-49D7-8030-7957D354DD8E.thumb.jpeg.d1bf9819b5fcd435cffadacdff09635f.jpeg

As you know I’m in Norway just now as well. After getting out of my 10 days quarantine it was nice to wander around the shops and pick up some beers. Not a mask in sight. IMG_9436.jpg

Can’t say I’m looking forward to getting through Aberdoom Airport.
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

As you know I’m in Norway just now as well. After getting out of my 10 days quarantine it was nice to wander around the shops and pick up some beers. Not a mask in sight. IMG_9436.jpg

Can’t say I’m looking forward to getting through Aberdoom Airport.

Business as usual with a bit of common sense in Norway.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Johnsond said:

8CFD6D85-C5E7-4ABC-AA28-345A63FF2979.jpeg

4F6A8217-8F41-49D7-8030-7957D354DD8E.jpeg

Wtf!! What are the paper overalls for? Incase the bogie man tries getting in through your kecks?