Acerforestry

11 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

Yes, we are all heading towards herd immunity

Not really. 

17 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

it does sound like Sweden my be getting there quicker

Sound like? :D:D:D 

17 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

the experts who claim Sweden has herd immunity have been criticised by quite a few others.

I also read the headline I myself posted....

18 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

The headline is false as they don't have herd immunity.

Again, I have not personally stated they have. At the time I was on my phone and the app will not allow links to be attached. There is plenty of articles clearly stating that Sweden is well on its way to having herd immunity, which if you look back at every post Ive made on the subject is all Ive ever claimed. 

20 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

They do have a high death rate though.

That is a very subjective subject. It will be years before all the data can be collated on this subject. A few extra deaths that are potentially a few weeks early verses an endless list of life saving measures canceled due to the over reaction? 

I'm going to make my final post on this thread that I was the OP on. We all need to start using our own judgement and common sense on this matter and stop thinking "oh but the goverment says this, the scientists say that", and actually go with what gut feeling is telling you. We have all heard so much contradictory nonsense on this subject that surely by now, with an increasing number of the general public questioning if we really need to be doing the following

Stopping children from going to school

Completely and irreparably damaging businesses, small and large, by dictating who can carry out what services, how and when (if at all)

Forcing us to wear masks (despite initially stating they would have little effect at all)

Scaring the living daylights  out of many people with compromised immunity and insisting they stay indoors (despite there being no hard evidence that they are actually at risk)

Ultimately bringing about the scenario this autumn when due to the inevitable "spike" due to people getting colds, flu and general malaise as is normal at the time of year (remember all of this will flag up as "coronavirus"), there will be a very likely compulsory vaccination situation. For  a virus that causes no more deaths than influenza. And what will be in the vaccine. Do you trust Gates? I have a video link with him stating during a speech that the global population needs to come DOWN by 10-15 per cent, "with careful vaccination". And he will be implemental in the vaccine...

Still not thinking that something isn't quite right...are you sure?

Stop just accepting the situation or within a few years we will all be able to fit "our rights" on the back of a fag packet

• Like 9

I bet by the time it’s over (world wide herd immunity?) all countries will have a very similar % of cases and deaths.

Sweden will get there sooner than us so at the moment there cases will be higher, but ours will drag on for possibly years, to end at a very close % point once herd immunity is reached. 

No scientific evidence just my thoughts and I can’t be bothered arguing about it, if you can carry on talking to your self, you will get the answer you want!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Will C said:

I bet by the time it’s over (world wide herd immunity?) all countries will have a very similar % of cases and deaths.

Sweden will get there sooner than us so at the moment there cases will be higher, but ours will drag on for possibly years, to end at a very close % point once herd immunity is reached. 

No scientific evidence just my thoughts and I can’t be bothered arguing about it, if you can carry on talking to your self, you will get the answer you want!

I agree with you 110% Will, mostly because I wanna but that log processor off of you. :D 

Kidding. Its an ever present conundrum that commonsense is not a flower that grows in every garden. 

1 hour ago, trigger_andy said:

Not really. We are just slower than Sweden.

Sound like? :D:D:D fair enough, they are.

I also read the headline I myself posted....

Again, I have not personally stated they have. At the time I was on my phone and the app will not allow links to be attached. There is plenty of articles clearly stating that Sweden is well on its way to having herd immunity, which if you look back at every post Ive made on the subject is all Ive ever claimed.

Yes I believe that they are but they are still a long way off atm.

That is a very subjective subject. It will be years before all the data can be collated on this subject. A few extra deaths that are potentially a few weeks early verses an endless list of life saving measures canceled due to the over reaction? If it is an over reaction then the vast majority of countries are wrong. Only time will tell.

I don't know but is it only Sweden who have gone down the herd immunity route?

46 minutes ago, Acerforestry said:

I'm going to make my final post on this thread that I was the OP on. We all need to start using our own judgement and common sense on this matter and stop thinking "oh but the goverment says this, the scientists say that", and actually go with what gut feeling is telling you. We have all heard so much contradictory nonsense on this subject that surely by now, with an increasing number of the general public questioning if we really need to be doing the following

Stopping children from going to school

Completely and irreparably damaging businesses, small and large, by dictating who can carry out what services, how and when (if at all)

Forcing us to wear masks (despite initially stating they would have little effect at all)

Scaring the living daylights  out of many people with compromised immunity and insisting they stay indoors (despite there being no hard evidence that they are actually at risk)

Ultimately bringing about the scenario this autumn when due to the inevitable "spike" due to people getting colds, flu and general malaise as is normal at the time of year (remember all of this will flag up as "coronavirus"), there will be a very likely compulsory vaccination situation. For  a virus that causes no more deaths than influenza. And what will be in the vaccine. Do you trust Gates? I have a video link with him stating during a speech that the global population needs to come DOWN by 10-15 per cent, "with careful vaccination". And he will be implemental in the vaccine...

Still not thinking that something isn't quite right...are you sure?

Stop just accepting the situation or within a few years we will all be able to fit "our rights" on the back of a fag packet

I have sometimes been at odds with you during your excellent thread mate, but if Gates has said the global population needs a bit of chopping then I can only agree with him.

He’s only saying what’s true.

It does.

Vaccination is another question entirely.

• Like 2

Just now, Mesterh said:

I don't know but is it only Sweden who have gone down the herd immunity route?

I dont know? I'll assume a shed load of 3rd world countries have done so too. Either through indifference or an inability to to do more. 

But having a 1st world country of such prominence say 'feck it' we'll do our own thing, within the heart of the EU and slowly but surely showing vastly superior (subjective)  signs of combating this BS virus is to me and I'll guess a lot of other people quite encouraging. 

Ive said from the very start its a crock of sheet. Ive always said I'll try my best to catch it. I have done. I knew for a fact many would say it means nothing. Nothing will convince these scares little sheep to come out from behind their sofa. And that would be fine if the rest of us do not have to pick up their tax tab. :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mark Bolam said:

I have sometimes been at odds with you during your excellent thread mate, but if Gates has said the global population needs a bit of chopping then I can only agree with him.

He’s only saying what’s true.

It does.

Vaccination is another question entirely.

In fact you are right, really. Unfortunately if you ask a few hundred million people if they fancy checking out early to save the planet, I guess you won't get many replies. but long term one way or the other, a lot of us have got to stop breeding

• Like 3