Covid 19 inconsistencies

Acerforestry

Just now, Mark J said:

What about google?

They've done really well from everyone being at home on the net.

Its another game altogether and one Im not entirely versed in how they operate. You use their product on-line and because you have a UK IP address the revenue you generate looking at their adds in the UK creates a profit for Google that should be taxed in the UK? Something like that? So yeh, tax them more. What would be the repercussions though? I dont really know? Adds that last not 30 seconds but build in multiples to cover their tax bill. No thanks. And to pay for what? Its user generated anyway, nothing physical has been exchanged and I certainly have not bought any products. Your drive to tax everything to death would result in nothing other than more misery for the ordinary person. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mark J said:

A few posts ago you wrote that "Its hilarious. I love it though, it exposes this failed pinko commie system we have for what it is.  "

Do you think that Labour is in charge of this country or has been for best part of a decade?

With any democracy you have to pander to the lowest common denominator as they make up by far the greatest number. When one side offers the world the other has to offer something along the same lines whilst trying to clinging to their beliefs and principles to have a chance of winning the election. So yes, with Labour (and the SNP, it is the modus operandi after all)offering the underclass everything on a plate at the expense of a class they have been conditioned to hate then the likes of the Tories have no option than to pander to the same underclass, or at least attract enough of them to hold Labour at bay for the next 5 years. 

So, the reality is the tail ends up wagging the dog. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mark J said:

The gov are running a campaign to discourage fatness, while giving people money off McDonalds.

I thought that would be right up your street? Keeping the plethora of minimum wage earners in a job is surely a mantra you lot love to repeat? Where they to lose their jobs because of a lack of custom due to the higher earners vacating the cities you'd be the first in line to scream broken Britain, or whatever it is your types like to protest about. 

'Does a McD's make you fat? I have about 3 a week when Im home. Im 185cm tall and 14.8stone. A whippet really. Fuel is fuel, calories in and calories out. No human body Ive ever heard of has broken the laws of physics, when you find one let me know. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

It’s f”cking bonkers Egger!  But maybe the beginning of the end of the ridiculous Ponzi scheme of spend and tax, earn and tax which is capitalism and consumerism. 

T’other day there were concurrent news stories on wireless about government needing to ‘encourage’ punters back to the high street to spend money (they haven’t got on shite they don’t need) to ‘reinvigorate’ the economy,  Immediately followed by a feature on burgeoning personal debt!

I was genuinely dumbfounded!

I'll have another go at this, working back to front.

Lots of the virus debt is 100% covered by government money atm

Of course it's all conflicting look who's in charge (I shouldn't need to add this...Not Tory bashing) If you and I sat round a table all night drinking beer we would talk more sense (proven).

I think that's your second paragraph covered.

I daren't give you my idea of what should change in your first paragraph incase trigg pops by.

Edited by eggsarascal

3 hours ago, Billhook said:

I have just been trawling the web asking what the rules are in the UK about living with my wife who has been told to isolate because she spent the hour in Amsterdam, but shows absolutely no symptoms of covid.  The are dozens of rules about living with someone actually with the disease but I cannot find any advice for my situation. Does anybody know the answer???

NO. similar thing opposite my mum. they have a place in Spain they go there on there return home they are isolating for 14 days they have 2 adult children that did not go with them and live with them  they go out to work one works at a hospital the other works at a supermarket dos not make sense