Covid 19 inconsistencies

Acerforestry

Just now, eggsarascal said:

The Government have realised that instilling fear in people as really fecked up, companies and their staff have realised that people don't need to get on public transport every morning, grab a Costa and a newspaper on the way to the office. Lots of people can work from home and inadvertently kill the rest of the economy so they are trying to fool people back to work, do the thick feckers think people haven't been working as productively from home?, before long companies will realise they don't need big offices in town because their staff don't need to be there to do their job so, to try to get people out again they are telling people to wear a face covering and get back out spending.

Maybe we should have a clap for the office workers if they go back to the office? Seems like they'd be saving the UK to  far greater degree than the NHS with their 4 hour commute, sky high tax and what they spend in the city center. Seems like the 1% are are not only propping up the economy with their tax flow they are also keeping the Oiks in a jobs as well. Instead of ostracizing the higher earners its about time they where given the recognition they where due? This  'crisis' has inadvertently exposed this. But instead the MSM is begrudging them for not wanting to get back on the rat wheel for no reason other than to keep a sandwich worker in a menial, minimum wage job that the person who's no longer buying the sandwiches is ultimately subsidizing anyway. 

Its hilarious. I love it though, it exposes this failed pinko commie system we have for what it is. 

• Like 2

I have just been trawling the web asking what the rules are in the UK about living with my wife who has been told to isolate because she spent the hour in Amsterdam, but shows absolutely no symptoms of covid.  The are dozens of rules about living with someone actually with the disease but I cannot find any advice for my situation. Does anybody know the answer???

8 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Maybe we should have a clap for the office workers if they go back to the office? Seems like they'd be saving the UK to  far greater degree than the NHS with their 4 hour commute, sky high tax and what they spend in the city center. Seems like the 1% are are not only propping up the economy with their tax flow they are also keeping the Oiks in a jobs as well. Instead of ostracizing the higher earners its about time they where given the recognition they where due? This  'crisis' has inadvertently exposed this. But instead the MSM is begrudging them for not wanting to get back on the rat wheel for no reason other than to keep a sandwich worker in a menial, minimum wage job that the person who's no longer buying the sandwiches is ultimately subsidizing anyway. 

Its hilarious. I love it though, it exposes this failed pinko commie system we have for what it is. 

No, I didn't mean anything like that, although I do agree that people getting back to 'normal' would save the economy. I still don't believe the 1% are propping up the economy, lots of people are/were furloughed, lots weren't, we all share the burden.

Try not to get on ya anti lefty propaganda it makes you sound like a tit, let's stick to what to do next. What this virus as shown is lots of people can maintain their productivity while working from home which in turn is harming other parts of the economy. 4 people earning £25k a year pay the same tax if not more than 1 person earning £100k a year. Things might change when those people who've been working from home through the summer have to start putting the lights and heating on all day and pay for it out of their own pockets?

Just now, eggsarascal said:

Try not to get on ya anti lefty propaganda it makes you sound like a tit, let's stick to what to do next.

I never once ,mentioned a left or right agenda, I certainly never mentions anything Leftie or righty. :D 

So, what to do next? Well, now you mention the left and the right I've repeatedly heard from the left leaning mob that trickle down economics dont work. Well sorry sunshine, but clearly they do. :)  Higher earners seem to be keeping lower earners in a job and seem to been propping up the economy. Unless Ive misinterpreted it all and the City Centers are all doing ok without the high earners/tax payers? 

Id have to look into your figures on the £25k and £100k earners. I suspect your looking purely at what they earn and pay as a PAYE and forgetting about what the £25k earner gets back in 'benifits' . 

28 minutes ago, Billhook said:

I have just been trawling the web asking what the rules are in the UK about living with my wife who has been told to isolate because she spent the hour in Amsterdam, but shows absolutely no symptoms of covid.  The are dozens of rules about living with someone actually with the disease but I cannot find any advice for my situation. Does anybody know the answer???

Go about your daily life and don't worry about it ?

• Like 1