Covid 19 inconsistencies

Acerforestry

Listening to the news today, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm stuck in some sort of weird dystopian dream that I can't get out of. I've not posted on here much in a while so if I've missed many other posts about Covid just say and maybe the thread can stop...

There is now so much about the "virus"situation that's making no sense whatsoever, I'm questioning why more people don't seem to be questioning why odd inconsistencies keep coming up. So, now we are some months in after the initial drama unfolded we've had the government contradicting themselves on a frequent basis (understandable up to a point, they haven't had to deal with this before) and now a topical subject seems to be that  nobody really knows if they are going to be wearing masks in schools or not. Ok, so can someone explain to me what kind of virus only apparently affects adults or at least children of puberty age upwards? Sorry but I simply don't get this, if flu is going round we can all potentially get it, not only people of a certain age and certainly not mainly people from ethnic minorities. And the weirdness doesn't stop there, does it. Suddenly in recent months cash is deemed to be "dirty", despite the fact that now a lot of the notes are polymer and can literally be washed - but to confuse things, apparently your mail / parcels (which will have been handled by a number of people) is absolutely fine to have dropped in your front door, Covid won't live on that...let's face it, this is just a few issues that immediately come to mind but the overall picture you get is that we have all got a vaccination coming, like it or not. Vaccination for what, exactly? And what's going to be in it? Do many forum users actually believe this is for real

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Acerforestry said:

Listening to the news today, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm stuck in some sort of weird dystopian dream that I can't get out of. I've not posted on here much in a while so if I've missed many other posts about Covid just say and maybe the thread can stop...

There is now so much about the "virus"situation that's making no sense whatsoever, I'm questioning why more people don't seem to be questioning why odd inconsistencies keep coming up. So, now we are some months in after the initial drama unfolded we've had the government contradicting themselves on a frequent basis (understandable up to a point, they haven't had to deal with this before) and now a topical subject seems to be that  nobody really knows if they are going to be wearing masks in schools or not. Ok, so can someone explain to me what kind of virus only apparently affects adults or at least children of puberty age upwards? Sorry but I simply don't get this, if flu is going round we can all potentially get it, not only people of a certain age and certainly not mainly people from ethnic minorities. And the weirdness doesn't stop there, does it. Suddenly in recent months cash is deemed to be "dirty", despite the fact that now a lot of the notes are polymer and can literally be washed - but to confuse things, apparently your mail / parcels (which will have been handled by a number of people) is absolutely fine to have dropped in your front door, Covid won't live on that...let's face it, this is just a few issues that immediately come to mind but the overall picture you get is that we have all got a vaccination coming, like it or not. Vaccination for what, exactly? And what's going to be in it? Do many forum users actually believe this is for real

At last, someone who thinks like me.

I am lucky enough to have friends In the emergency services, and a neighbour who works in the care home industry.

Deaths reported in care homes from covid, are ,mostly, not covid related. They will put covid down as cause of death, as they get the bodies removed straight away.

The schools should never have shut. It was the teachers panicking. The government have now realised that if they shut schools, at least one parent has to give up work to look after them, so then it costs the economy and jobs.

So now we have to wear masks in shops. Why weren't we back in March?

It's all blown out of proportion by the media and bloody Facebook.

Social distancing? So why did they open up the pubs then? No one is social distancing in them!

Bloody farce

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Acerforestry said:

I think you need to ask the person who manufactured it in that lab mate,  i really have not much idea, but many Drs are saying it aint behaving like any other virus they seen, coronaviruses were discovered in the 1960s, this aint a new species, just this is ' different'...... ?  K

• Like 2

It is a cock up on a major scale, and unfortunately the "I told you so" point is going to be at some stage over the next couple of years when there has been a global economic meltdown (or worse) and all is at the point of no return. I worry for youngsters now, we have just had two grandchildren and the way all this is going doesn't bade well for them

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Acerforestry said:

The virologist dr Chris Smith was on BBC Radio Scotland today saying he thought that the general population - and in particular school kids - wearing masks was a bad idea, and may cause more problems than it solves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Acerforestry said:

as for saying cash is dirty I think it is partly the government and banks that are scaremongering if you pay by card they can track where you spend the money (the location) it is cheaper for the banks to process the transaction as they have been trying for a few years to get a cashless society its all part of big brother god knows what other info they can get from been cashless never mind the black economy 

• Like 6

With the exception of the nipper being off school, hasn’t made a shite of a difference to me. 

I don’t see many folks anyway, haven’t been on holiday (which has troubled the Mrs more than it has me - I’d just as happy stay home anyway.)

Was nice when the roads were quiet but that all went for a burton when the Marmaris masses couldn’t FO to Turkey for a fortnight so Cornwall was gridlocked from the easing of UK travel. 

Went to the tyre shop today, miserable boot behind the counter started moaning that I didn’t have a mask on - whilst she sat there all day without a mask on. 

Yep, what little credibility there ever was was pretty much pissed away by Cummings and Johnson Snr minching off to Greece. 

Maybe different if yome one of 10s of thousands cramming onto the underground everyday, but if you live in town you’ll be surrounded by townies. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Acerforestry said:

but the overall picture you get is that we have all got a vaccination coming, like it or not. Vaccination for what, exactly? And what's going to be in it? Do many forum users actually believe this is for real

So they can't find a cure for the common cold and originally scientists were saying that a vaccine may take decades..but, here we go ...is no one even surprised ?

I'll not be queuing up,  but there's the problem, many will....yet another reason to divide society !

I haven't got a vaccination coming, I'll let the others try it first. I know tons of countries are working together on this, which hopefully will speed things up, but I'm not going for it early on.

I've kept away from folk when it suits me, sat mainly outside pubs, and BBQ's, wore a covering since asked, but not, if not. That includes signs on shop doors, their shop, their rules.

I guess I'll carry on the same.

• Like 2