husqvarna 572xp

markrufrider

On 25/08/2020 at 20:12, markrufrider said:

just bought a brand new 572xp and i love it anything i should look out for any issues with them its this year model so im assuming its had the chain cover upgrade as i hear the earlier models were breaking anything else it seems to run fine otherwise how long do they take to run in open up or is it relitivly  out the box thoughts on reliability ????

I bought mine in January, it was used but had seen very little action. Not had a single problem with it. Starts very quick and easy, never takes many pulls and even without using the decomp it's easy to start. Very powerful, very smooth. I run a 28" bar on mine and it pulls it just fine.

Stubby, the 572 has a lot more "feel" than the 500. 500s do pretty much one thing which is get to max revs fast which if you don't have a small fleet of ported saws is impressive but when you start to hit included branches etc or just want to "feel" through the back cut the 572 is a better saw. Thats why my 500 is away on vacation having some decent midrange built in ! The 572 is a more solid saw which I suspect after two years of abuse on my own will stand up to a longer work life. To even in passing compare a 70cc (572) to a 80cc (500i) saw says something ? That said the 500 is a very good saw and with in mind a lot of my work is windblow or skyline I would consider a second 500

• Thanks 1

Question for my fellow 572 owners.

Bar oil adjuster...... does yours adjust in the traditional way? By that I mean, you put your combi spanner in the slot, and you can turn it to one of three positions, low, medium or high? 

the reason I ask is I have just collected mine from the local dealer after going in with issues relating to the above. They were remarkably quick vs most people’s experiences of getting things repaired! Now more fool me for not checking, but after I was reliably told it was sorted, I appear to have the same problem. That is unless Husqvarna have changed the way the bar oil is adjusted on the 572. Mine turns and turns and turns and eventually comes to stop in either direction, but this doesn’t seem right to me. It’s different to every other saw I’ve ever owned if it supposed to be like that. 

I wanted to check with other 572 owners to make sure I’m not losing my marbles, and before I ring them back up and give them both barrels down the phone for wasting my time again.