Branch logger wanted

Kptim

1 hour ago, Kptim said:

Hi looking for a rp200 with or without conveyor Will condsider smaller machines aswell

What about the importer? Can they help?

I must admit, when I first saw them, I was amazed at how quick they could produce 'logettes'. Then looked at the apparent lack of control and the damage that they could do in seconds! I cringed....

Good luck with your search.

32 minutes ago, PeteB said:

Have a look at any YouTube video of them, like chipper but no control over the infeed rollers! No emergency stop to speak of, no reverse and a short chute! You'd get chopped into 4 inch lumps!

All granted and I said it was scary but was hoping you'd show me where some catastrophe had ensued.

I do wonder about how it could be CE marked when it doesn't seem to comply with any of the  requirements a chipper should have.

4 hours ago, openspaceman said:

All granted and I said it was scary but was hoping you'd show me where some catastrophe had ensued.

I do wonder about how it could be CE marked when it doesn't seem to comply with any of the  requirements a chipper should have.

Couldn't watch a film of someone getting dragged in! Seems that some do appear to have bars or stop button but the very thought of what could go wrong makes me shudder! Log quality ain't good neither tbh!

4 hours ago, PeteB said:

Have a look at any YouTube video of them, like chipper but no control over the infeed rollers! No emergency stop to speak of, no reverse and a short chute! You'd get chopped into 4 inch lumps!

They dont have feed rollers. The wood is pulled in by the action of the cutters which dont pull hard. You can stop a length mid cut on our RP120. Agreed they have plenty of potential for danger with the short chute but not as bad as they might look.

They are for sale new but presume the OP is after a SH one 

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

INCLUDES A PTO SHAFT. 8 Blade variant also available to make smaller logs. Log size 18 to 30cm. Chipped wood and brash is...

They have to have massively strong gearboxes driving the infeed/cutters, I would think that over a period the blades on the rollers would blunt but they should be changeable. I did wonder how you could 'log' into hessian bags and throw the whole bag into something like a Farm2000 enclosed burner. But you would need some space to store enough bags to dry or keep dry. They certainly fill bags quickly enough!

Still look bloody dangerous though!