Cocker spaniel

Matthew Storrs

23 hours ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Good input, yeah we aren’t in a mad hurry so will wait till the right thing comes along. Think we are quite set on a cocker probably as nice size, good temperament, intelligent etc, and the ones I know aren’t yappy. 

I have seen some terrible yappy whining cockers, more so from show/pet lines.

Mind my old neighbours bought a pup from there friends up the road it's was terrible as was the mother, it can be genetic with cockers.

But some poor breeders which claim to be workers also bred off poor yappy/whining dogs that really shouldn't be bred off atleast for working purposes.

With anything it's always better if u can find a litter throu word off mouth/friends of friends then u know the parents and reason for breeding, pup for themselves or to cash in.

You willing to travel @Matthew Storrs? The last two working cockers I had, I had off a gamekeeper. Out of 5 Spaniels I've had, both Cockers and Springers these two were by far the best dogs, both temperament and working. And nowhere near £2k, iirc the first one cost me £800, and the second a grand... I'd not heard about lockdown forcing up prices, no wonder so many are being nicked around here.

I've not seen hide nor hair of the old boy due to lockdown but I'd be happy to ask him what's about if you don't mind a journey from far West to far East 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

You willing to travel @Matthew Storrs? The last two working cockers I had, I had off a gamekeeper. Out of 5 Spaniels I've had, both Cockers and Springers these two were by far the best dogs, both temperament and working. And nowhere near £2k, iirc the first one cost me £800, and the second a grand... I'd not heard about lockdown forcing up prices, no wonder so many are being nicked around here.

I've not seen hide nor hair of the old boy due to lockdown but I'd be happy to ask him what's about if you don't mind a journey from far West to far East 

Thanks Eggs, that’s kind of you.

We will see what comes up local- to be fair only really just started looking with any seriousness and not in too much of a rush. I’d certainly travel for the right dog though.

8 hours ago, drinksloe said:

I have seen some terrible yappy whining cockers, more so from show/pet lines.

Mind my old neighbours bought a pup from there friends up the road it's was terrible as was the mother, it can be genetic with cockers.

But some poor breeders which claim to be workers also bred off poor yappy/whining dogs that really shouldn't be bred off atleast for working purposes.

With anything it's always better if u can find a litter throu word off mouth/friends of friends then u know the parents and reason for breeding, pup for themselves or to cash in.

The only time my current one makes a noise is when she is dreaming . Never heard her bark .  She is 4 now .

• Like 1