Pollard 14 Lime trees

Paul Tomo

35 minutes ago, breffni said:

Are you mad? 1800 for 4/5 days with 2 men plus kit? That's a fierce low price  

This is why I’m asking, I’ve not priced up anything like this before. Looking at what’s being mentioned and working out my expenses £2300 is more like. I don’t won’t to out price the job though.

8 minutes ago, Paul Tomo said:

This is why I’m asking, I’ve not priced up anything like this before. Looking at what’s being mentioned and working out my expenses £2300 is more like. I don’t won’t to out price the job though.

Its not out priced if you arnt making money. Its business 

• Like 1

We would look at bringing the normal chip truck and a second truck/4x4 and tipping trailer, that way one person spends most of there time on the Road tipping but you lose the bottle neck and make the most out of the 3 man team on site. Hour round trip to tip and a learner climber will still out do the chipping with one truck

• Like 1

All this difficulty in the U.K getting shot of chip.

Here, I cannot make enough of it.

Winter Lime chip I can sell for €30 per m3 or €8 per 100 litre sac.

Even so, 2 local parks and gardens will take all I produce and the conifer goes to a farm.

Good luck with your job, Mick Dempsey is right about the groundies.

So many skinny whips to gather is far harder than pulling a large branch to a greedy chipper.

Actually, I find a wee chipper faster than a hydraulic on lime.

I think 12 of this size reasonable in a day but with 2 guys on the ground.

I'd even use such a job to train a keen groundy in climbing.

Stuart

IMG_20181008_214208_818.jpg

IMG_20181008_214626_376.jpg

• Like 2

On 23/08/2020 at 19:20, Paul Tomo said:

I guess it should take 4 days maybe 5 to finish, paying one climber and One groundsman, truck and chipper plus gear usage. My thoughts are about £1,500 to £1,800 

Way to cheap for that job...try and get another Chipper & Truck + Man there are plenty about that means climber 3 on the ground 2 Chippers and 2 Trucks if your tip site is that far away one can be filled while the other is of site or find closer tip site.

price for the job and calculate how long you think it will take,looking at the job from photographs using 3 on the ground and 1 climber 2x Chippers & 2 Trucks you should do that in 2 days max may allow another half day £2’400 to £2’700.

i normally get ripped apart when I post reply’s to anyone asking for pricing jobs on here so remember we all have our own way of quoting for work so this is a guide as to what I Would price this job at and others may agree or disagree.

Way to cheap for that job...try and get another Chipper & Truck + Man there are plenty about that means climber 3 on the ground 2 Chippers and 2 Trucks if your tip site is that far away one can be filled while the other is of site or find closer tip site.

price for the job and calculate how long you think it will take,looking at the job from photographs using 3 on the ground and 1 climber 2x Chippers & 2 Trucks you should do that in 2 days max may allow another half day £2’400 to £2’700.

i normally get ripped apart when I post reply’s to anyone asking for pricing jobs on here so remember we all have our own way of quoting for work so this is a guide as to what I Would price this job at and others may agree or disagree.

Or if chip is the limit then go the other way, you have a van full taken away at the end of the day anyway so fewer people on the job means more vans per man.

If you go 5shires pricing then about £180 a tree. Two of you doing 4 trees a day is reasonable money then. Obviously the job is taking longer so depends how busy you are with other stuff as to whether you prefer more people and get it done quicker.

All difficult to say, I can't really see how bushy the things are from the photo.