Firewood business ? Could we make it profitable in the first 2 years

Nickb123

2 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Mr @Stubby , buying in wood for processing with a good machine can be easier that sorting thru a lot of old crap . Plus you get wot you want . If yr going over a 100 ton a year , I think it would give a good return . Mostly a good yard manager would have the lads sort the arb logs out n log them up befr knock off time - IF he can flush them out of their hiding spots in the  laybyes .....  ;)

The bloke I was replying to was a one man band , doing his own fire wood and a few nets for others . My advice ( be it shit or not ) was to keep it that way .

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Stubby said:

The bloke I was replying to was a one man band , doing his own fire wood and a few nets for others . My advice ( be it shit or not ) was to keep it that way .

You said that abt Lion Taming..... Look where that ended up   ?  K

• Like 1

I’ve had ideas for a similar bit of land and there could be demand for self storage park .typically £20-£25 a week here for a 20ft container

50 of those potentially makes up to £60k 

also importing Japanese /us vehicles is another money making scheme I’ve been thinking about .another of the ideas aswell though is bespoke quality garden rooms and offices which can be sold online in kit form and sold across the uk

I think chopping/delivering logs can lead the way to bigger and better things if you are a practical sort. A mate of mine started out in logs and would always stop to chat with his clients, the logs led to a bit of gardening/tree work which then went on to landscape and he is now absolutely flat out. Logs are good platform to get into other work without the need for advertising, chat to your clients and it will happen.

Bob

• Like 4