Womens chainsaw trousers

Northern Heights

I have worked alongside a few women who have bought Arbortec women fit and gone to men’s trousers later as they fitted them better, it all depends on your body shape really.
Go to someone like Honey Brothers or FR Jones and they will have loads of brands and sizes, try them on and choose. Husqvarna Technical Extremes are what I wear, long leg and adjustable waist for skinny buggers.

I'm all for equality and imancepation and as far as I know there has never in my 2 decades experience of tree work been any deliniation between menswear and ladies wear when it comes to ppe & kit save for the "pinking" in colour of the odd pulley or 'biner here and there.

Suffice to say there is NO and never has been, any feminising of boots; trousers (type A or C); saucepans ( only joking) or anything else used kit wise in forestry and arb. If your tiny and skinny it's size small, if your a humongous fat bloater it's size XXXL. So from that point of view we have always been an equal opportunities employer.

May I add from a strictly personal chauvinistic point of view, when it comes to clothing, less is always more ladies, less is always more..... ? (Yeah, I know, I know. I'm a Neanderthal, so says 2% of my genes, I don't do PC)

Only arbortec do women's chainsaw trousers AfAIK. Moving up to class 2 is going to restrict your choice of trousers even more. 

Most class 2 trousers are horrible, I certainly wouldn't want to wear them. The issues of fatigue would soon outweigh any 'benefits' of wearing class 2 trousers .

As a bit of a shout out, is anyone outside of the UK wearing class 2 trousers?

57 minutes ago, Mark_Skyland said:

Only arbortec do women's chainsaw trousers AfAIK. Moving up to class 2 is going to restrict your choice of trousers even more. 

Most class 2 trousers are horrible, I certainly wouldn't want to wear them. The issues of fatigue would soon outweigh any 'benefits' of wearing class 2 trousers .

As a bit of a shout out, is anyone outside of the UK wearing class 2 trousers?

The only class 2 we sell is the Arbortec hi-viz one's to lads working on the tracks. Don't see the point in stocking others as no-one wants them

• Like 1

@Gnarlyoak times are changing, women in Arb are no longer putting up with badly fitting trousers and that seems to apply to all trade industries that have previously been male dominated.

women come in a far wider size and shape range than us blokes, even seen site trousers for pregnant women here in Sweden!
Blokes have been able to choose the comfiest trousers/kit for ourselves for decades, now it’s the ladies turn.

my partner has the stihl x-fit, not perfect though Tight on the hips/arse loose at the waist. (Her optimism over weight loss may have something to do with that though)

Her old boss has short legged baggy Pfanner gladiators-had them for at least 10 years. looks an even worse fit, but better comfort wise than the tight ones.

For many things I suspect the womens version  is just a marketing  exercise with added pink.

For push  bikes specialized decided that no point in making women  models:

CYCLINGTIPS.COM

I had my first experience with the women's specific movement in 2002. “I ride a Trek 6700 WSD,” my 12-year old self would...

Would  a figure like Kim Kadasian fit in mens pair of chainsaw trousers though......