Old Dad in a nursing home .

Stubby

My poor old dad has had a couple of falls recently . His skin is like tissue paper and he gets marked up very easily , poor old bugger . he has the beginnings of dementia  . He knows who I am but has short term memory loss . He just wont drink enough water so his blood pressure drops and over he goes . . His problem is he has a strong ticker . He would turn himself off if he had a switch . I don't want to make 95 if that's what I have to look forward to .  It is very sad .

• Like 1
  • Sad 10

4 minutes ago, Stubby said:

My poor old dad has had a couple of falls recently . His skin is like tissue paper and he gets marked up very easily , poor old bugger . he has the beginnings of dementia  . He knows who I am but has short term memory loss . He just wont drink enough water so his blood pressure drops and over he goes . . His problem is he has a strong ticker . He would turn himself off if he had a switch . I don't want to make 95 if that's what I have to look forward to .  It is very sad .

Its a bugger getting old Stubby,feel for the poor old boy

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear the sad news stubby. Lost my mum last year at 69 to mixture of things, shit to lose the ones closest to you that have brought you in to the world and raised ya, taught you so many things to get ya through life and supported ya. Just enjoy the time you have left as others have said and make the most of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Lost my dad 2  years ago  to cancer, lost my old mum in april this year also to cancer, they were 90 and 93, never easy, keep your chin up mate and remember the good times and be there for your dad

Sending my  regards

Mike

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1