College Memories.

Mick Dempsey

Single male climbers come and go I find.

Boredom and loneliness outside of work being the main cause.

I feed and water them when possible but cannot be their buddy outside of work, cruising bars and visiting meth dens.

Having family in France and a social activity or sport will certainly help stabilise and integrate him.

I hope it works out.

Stuart

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Horsey birds are ok, as long as you realise you’re always second to a horse.

Unless you have money, in which case you can fund their horses.

Thats's harsh and not usually the case mate.

Most often it's third, behind the horse and then the dog...

• Haha 4

I was at Merrist Wood for a year ..85 -86  and loved it , worked for about 10 years in Devon and Germany and S east UK then worked at Merrist Wood as a practical instructor for about a year  whilst at the time working towards and studying for RFS prof dip ( but never took exams , life changed ) then back to Devon ....keep meaning to visit MW again one day but never in the area !!  great place and memories but I would imagine the H&S nowadays to be overwhelming ...

I did the ND at Merrist Wood from 88-91. Had already been climbing for 4 years and decided to get some qualys
I don’t remember several of the evenings and weekends!

Still live in the area, but don’t go in these days.
As you Mick, lost touch with most of the other course guys. Now and again I see a name come up on here or FB I recognise.

I was at myerscough in preston in 94. 

I can't remember much but I do remember owd nells tavern

WWW.GUYSTHATCHEDHAMLET.COM

Our famous thatched country tavern situated on the Lancaster Canal serves a...

I hope everyone who I trained with is doing well. Nick, Neil and Rick who taught us were really good blokes. 

45 minutes ago, Mark_Skyland said:

I was at myerscough in preston in 94. 

I can't remember much but I do remember owd nells tavern

WWW.GUYSTHATCHEDHAMLET.COM

Our famous thatched country tavern situated on the Lancaster Canal serves a...

I hope everyone who I trained with is doing well. Nick, Neil and Rick who taught us were really good blokes. 

That place has a lot to answer for! I started there in 99 in Ecology and Conservation then did a year on the arb course with Chris Cooper-Abbs teaching us along with Tim Pickard. Quite a few blurred memories of the pub. Was a nice walk down through the golf course down to it

• Like 1

I stayed in Guy's Thatched Hamlet while doing courses at Lancaster in about 93. I had to stay near Preston a few months ago so booked myself in, have to say the place looked as if it hadn't changed at all in 25 years including the train set in the Italian restaurant.

Wasn't there a pub nearby that did 32oz steaks?