Cormidi KB Platforms

William Clifford

Hi all, 

I've been browsing tracked platforms. Cela 24 looks good, Seem to be more Hinowa 20.10's about so good for second hand options, but has anyone had experience with Cormidi platforms?

I do almost all domestic, so access is a major factor as is being less than 3.5T with the trailer. The Cela looks really good, have used Hinowa a few times and am happy with them for what I would do / cost. A plus of these Cormidi's seems to be that they can be used as a crane / log grab also - though the 850kg crane lift can't be at full reach can it? - despite the spec sheet looking that way?

• Like 1

i have owned the first  Cela DT24 to be brought into Oz for quite a few years now.Has now 900 hrs on it

We had a lot of mystery faults in the early years with it and had to replace the main board in the basket and all the rubber cable connections at the basket as well. Apparently there was some form of a recall for the connection  parts but i had to find out about them myself and pay for the parts as well. 

Backup was non existent and really not helped either that the dealer was over 3000 klms away.

it still has random fault codes appearing now and then but i have a work around them (very simple but im sure loler would not like it).

I would think Cela have sorted all the faults by now and when it works it is a great lift and i doubt there would be another lift that could match the speed at which you can move the boom plus the 14 metre up and over is great.

What ever lift you go for make sure all parts are available 

Price wise it was really cheap in comparison to a similar sized lift (CTE ,Platform Basket)

the quoted price at the time (2013) was 50k less than anything available in Oz on the market then. i thought at the time the dealer had made a mistake with the price so i locked it in by giving them a 5k deposit. It took 6 months or so to arrive from Italy