Recommendations for compact manual hedge shears

Ratman

Alright all, i’m on the hunt for some manual hedge / shrub shears, dont want anything too long overall if i can help it, got a few bits around the garden that need lopping back occasionally, certainly got no more than 12mm thick stems. Majority of stuff i get away with using my Stihl HSA26 shrub shears, but for some of the thicker stems i’m going to have to do it by hand. Dont mind spending within reason but at same time dont want to spend mega amounts for only occasional use. Theres so much choice out there that i’m pretty baffled by em all, i’m a big believer in the do it / buy it once do it right scenario, but dont want to buy the wrong thing which would end up me spending twice. Any heads up would be much appreciated.

8 hours ago, Ratman said:

Alright all, i’m on the hunt for some manual hedge / shrub shears, dont want anything too long overall if i can help it, got a few bits around the garden that need lopping back occasionally, certainly got no more than 12mm thick stems. Majority of stuff i get away with using my Stihl HSA26 shrub shears, but for some of the thicker stems i’m going to have to do it by hand. Dont mind spending within reason but at same time dont want to spend mega amounts for only occasional use. Theres so much choice out there that i’m pretty baffled by em all, i’m a big believer in the do it / buy it once do it right scenario, but dont want to buy the wrong thing which would end up me spending twice. Any heads up would be much appreciated.

I got some wolf garden loppers Andy that are really good and handles are extendable,about £40 i think 

Best pair i have are a £5.99 no brand ones from local hardware store bought a decade ago they have a notch for thicker branches but  themajority of cheap ones are  shit.

Others decent ones but  more expensive ones I have are bacho and fiskars bur still prefer the cheapo ones

Bahco P51-F Professional: Good but lack the branch notch very heavy duty

Fiskars  : Really sharp good for fine stuff lighter weight than the bacho.

Best  are maybe the jap ones not tried any of them but have okatsune harvest snips for picking veg I have are good.

WWW.OKATSUNE.CO.UK

Then there som crazy priced ones here:

WWW.NIWAKI.COM

Description Here...WORLDWIDE DELIVERYWe always try and send orders out as soon as possible- often the same day...

• Like 1

Best pair i have are a £5.99 no brand ones from local hardware store bought a decade ago they have a notch for thicker branches but  themajority of cheap ones are  shit.

Others decent ones but  more expensive ones I have are bacho and fiskars bur still prefer the cheapo ones

Bahco P51-F Professional: Good but lack the branch notch very heavy duty
Fiskars  : Really sharp good for fine stuff lighter weight than the bacho.

Best  are maybe the jap ones not tried any of them but have okatsune harvest snips for picking veg I have are good.

WWW.OKATSUNE.CO.UK

Then there som crazy priced ones here:

WWW.NIWAKI.COM
Description Here...WORLDWIDE DELIVERYWe always try and send orders out as soon as possible- often the same day...  

Nice touch, cheers! Looked at a few pairs made by ARS, japanese, think Stihl use them but rebranded in their name and colours, but put £20+ on em so are £80+ [emoji15][emoji33]

Cheers Stere, bacho looking like my purchase i think, got a nice set of general all round use secateurs on their site too! Can get them through the lad at work too for cost thinking about it! Never gave bacho a thought tbh, and they didnt really pop up on my searches either whilst i’ve been looking.
Fiskars have been hit and miss with some of their products for me in the past, i have the X27 splitting axe which is great, but i’ve had secateurs of theirs before last a little over 12months before they gave up. Cheers again [emoji106]