Metal Detecting finds?

chopperpete

I'm looking forward to having a go, and Paul coming down to show me the ropes is a bonus before I go and spend any money.

It’s quite a fun day out. My 2 year old loves going around the garden looking for treasure. We’re getting a bunch of drainage and landscaping done just now so lots of fresh turned over topsoil to check over.

IMG_9267.jpg

8 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

It’s quite a fun day out. My 2 year old loves going around the garden looking for treasure. We’re getting a bunch of drainage and landscaping done just now so lots of fresh turned over topsoil to check over.

IMG_9267.jpg

Excellent pitch, is that a septic tank under the tin cover?

Excellent pitch, is that a septic tank under the tin cover?

No, it’s a semi-temp solution for the drainpipes coming off of the roof. Currently the roadside drain is collapsed so the Septic is having to be pumped out to the back of the property with a pump and flat switch.

All the stone drains for the down pipes where choked full and with the roadside drain being blocked there was nowhere for the rainwater to go either. So the lads put a pump with a float switch in with a chamber to handle the rainwater will the Council pull their fingers out. (Two years and counting)

IMG_9270.jpg

9 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Ive always fancied getting the Mr Bill Mods done to my IDX Pro but I hardly ever use the damn thing. :D 

Ho straigh forward is the Mod? Ive seen some pictures but not sure what components Id need. I guess you need a steady hand with the old Soldering Iron? :D 

Being that I have the Pro I believe it has 30% more depth over the IDX Classic. So might not be required anyway? 

Relatively easy, a few pots, a dymo and that's about it. I also put in an extra battery as I am running rechargeables, call it metal detector porting!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Much of the skill with a metal detector is setting it up to get the best performance and then getting a swing with good coverage whilst getting the head as close to the earth as possible. 

As a kid I had the cheapest C-Scope but found loads of stuff just because I took the time to get it set right to the edge and using a good technique.

1 hour ago, spudulike said:

Much of the skill with a metal detector is setting it up to get the best performance and then getting a swing with good coverage whilst getting the head as close to the earth as possible. 

As a kid I had the cheapest C-Scope but found loads of stuff just because I took the time to get it set right to the edge and using a good technique.

Absolutely spot on. Low and slow.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, spudulike said:

So what happened to the boys out metal detecting gig? I found a princely sum of £4 on the beach a couple of weeks back, all time record, enough for two bags of chips.....swell!! 

Should we talk about pin pointers - Personally I find them very useful! 

Nothing at the moment, the fields are being ploughed now. Oh, and I've got trouble with the council on my case, watch this space.