Pulley saver Vs Rope guide

DB2K

On 18/08/2020 at 15:09, Joe Newton said:

In what way do you find the pulleysaver more versatile?

Mostly just in that you can feed the rope through just the fimbl and pulley, using it more like a traditional cambium saver. I find that really helpful when working on a removal and you get to the stem. It's quicker to set up securely and even when the pulley saver is a bit too small for the stem size, you can still get by with it.
Having to take the retrieval ball off and on was a bit tiresome at first. I found the trapeze would snap itself on to the other side of the line semi regularly, making retrieval impossible. Much more tiresome haha. 

As I said before though, both great tools. I just get along better with the pulley saver. 

The ART seems to get stuck alot more than the pulley saver. Pulley saver is cheaper...

both are good for choking off on a spar but this advantage is made redundant when you use srt...

I personally use the pulley saver for Drt. Multi saver is nice but the mail advantage of being able to anchor in two stems is redundant when you learn srt techniques. 

thimble saver is good cheaper option for an adjustable cambium saver but pulley saver is the way to go if you do lots dismantling

On 19/08/2020 at 20:51, Dilz said:

I personally use the pulley saver for Drt. Multi saver is nice but the mail advantage of being able to anchor in two stems is redundant when you learn srt techniques. 

thimble saver is good cheaper option for an adjustable cambium saver but pulley saver is the way to go if you do lots dismantling

I have tried SRT a couple of times and can definitely see the advantages and likely will end up going that direction at some point, right now though I don't have the money to completely re-equip myself to be able to go Drt to SRT.

One question I have just thought of is will a spliced eye fit through the pulley saver and rope guide. I'm currently running a Yale Hedera mainline with a spliced eye on it and suddenly realised that before I order anything I should probably check about that.