Edelrid's treerex harness triple lock.

treevolution

I got one last week. It is very light and is easy to adjust. It feels comfortable out of the box but i don't like the tiny lower D rings at all. And i still have no idea how you are supposed to open the fancy triple lock buckle without to loosen up the belt first.  For me the biggest issue was that it bite my groin area with every step. It felt more like a Testicle Rex than a Tree Rex.  I returned mine and got me an treemotion evo. In conclusion i think for the price (320€!) it is a good saddle with the downside of the tiny D rings and strange triple lock - as long as it's not trying to bite you.

• Like 1

On 09/08/2020 at 04:32, treevolution said:

Just wondering if anyone one had any feedback above the new harness from Edelrid. 

Need to replace my TM and just fancy a change. 

Thanks in advance. 

I've had mine for about 2 months and climb almost everyday

I love it. So comfortable, light and adjustable. I do however agree with the point made about the smaller lower Ds but once you get used to it, it really isn't an issue and if you're coming from anything other than a treemotion or petzl sequoia you probably won't even have an issue with them

It's customisable design is fantastic. The buckles I don't have to loosen to undo but I don't climb with my harness digging into my love handles so ?‍♂️. Considering its price also I think it's a great harness. Another plus is the service life is 10years over the TMs 5 years (not that a TM will ever last 5 years anyway)

I loved my TM, swore by and wouldn't recommend anything else but now I've tried the treerex, I doubt I'll go back to the TM unless they actually make some improvements rather than make changes that didn't need doing in the first place but also making them worse than the original (my personal opinion)

• Like 2

I'm very happy with it. For me it fits way better and everything seems more sturdy. It just feels more like a working saddle, a little heavier than the TreeRex but also more supportive. There is nothing i can complain about besides the price (440€ here). But that's just my experience with my body and my habits  - for others it might be different.

5 minutes ago, plank_pusher said:

?‍♂️ Another plus is the service life is 10years over the TMs 5 years (not that a TM will ever last 5 years anyway)

Right that's a valid point. That was my initial reason to buy it. Price and lifespan are a big plus. Although i don't think a TreeRex will last longer than a Treemotion. Both are working gear and both have limits depending on the way and frequency they're used.

2 hours ago, plank_pusher said:

I've had mine for about 2 months and climb almost everyday

I love it. So comfortable, light and adjustable. I do however agree with the point made about the smaller lower Ds but once you get used to it, it really isn't an issue and if you're coming from anything other than a treemotion or petzl sequoia you probably won't even have an issue with them

It's customisable design is fantastic. The buckles I don't have to loosen to undo but I don't climb with my harness digging into my love handles so ?‍♂️. Considering its price also I think it's a great harness. Another plus is the service life is 10years over the TMs 5 years (not that a TM will ever last 5 years anyway)

I loved my TM, swore by and wouldn't recommend anything else but now I've tried the treerex, I doubt I'll go back to the TM unless they actually make some improvements rather than make changes that didn't need doing in the first place but also making them worse than the original (my personal opinion)

Thanks for the feedback. 

Will see if it's possible to pop to a shop near by to have a try.

Not sure if this is possible at the moment but will try. 

Thanks 

• Like 1

On 15/08/2020 at 05:11, timbernut said:

I’ve been looking at the treerex, my sequoia needs replacing, and it it’s price is appealing.
However I’m unsure as to what comes with it, bridge wise, i know prob not the srt bit but do you get 2 of which one has prussik?

You can set it up with one adjustable bridge (you do some fancy wrapping through holes so no prussick needed), 1 or 2 bridges as standard (no adjustment), 2 bridges where one is adjustable (with use of prussick).

I have mine set up with 2 bridges, one of which is adjustable with the prussick. I very rarely use it but as it's adjustable I can tighten it up out of the way when I don't need it and tuck the slack off to the side.

• Like 1