Looking for work in the midlands

Luke Bowen

25YO recent graduate, currently on a four week combination arb course with Kingswood Training in Kent looking for work in September in the midlands area, based in Lichfield. Currently have my NPTC ITA chipper ticket and a Lantra basic tree inspection certificate. Will, by the end of the month, have NPTC 201, 202, 203, 206, 306 and 308. I appreciate that without experience, these don't mean much but I'm willing to work and keen to learn. Looking for any advice or job opportunities in the industry. This seemed like the place to come.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Luke Bowen said:

25YO recent graduate, currently on a four week combination arb course with Kingswood Training in Kent looking for work in September in the midlands area, based in Lichfield. Currently have my NPTC ITA chipper ticket and a Lantra basic tree inspection certificate. Will, by the end of the month, have NPTC 201, 202, 203, 206, 306 and 308. I appreciate that without experience, these don't mean much but I'm willing to work and keen to learn. Looking for any advice or job opportunities in the industry. This seemed like the place to come.

Good  luck Luke . Everybody has got to start somewhere experience wise .    As you say tickets don't necessarily mean anything but ...If you have the work ethic they could be a bonus bud .  

• Like 2

Good luck, once you get going with a bit of experience then you'll be ok, as there is certainly demand. Keep ringing round as you need a bit of persistence to get your lucky break.

I was told early on never to blag about my experience or skills, if you're honest and keen then you get a chance to build up whereas if you claim to be shit hot and turn out rubbish you ruin any trust that someone puts in you - not a good way to start.

I guess eventually those certificate numbers will catch on, in fact my certs are on the new system but nobody I meet uses them and now I've forgotten and say CS30/31, 38, 39, 41.

• Like 1