Subcontractor damage

Silver Back

On 03/08/2020 at 21:26, mtt.tr said:

Hes working for you, its your insurance to be claimed on. 

Also if he is good it may better for you long term just to suffer it 

Only up to 3 pages here.  Can we not have some shouting n mud slinging  ?  cannot even score this genteel thread  1 handbag here ?  K

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

Maybe if he only allowed people who have never broken anything on the thread it would have been only one page?

Bang on, I'm a one man band. I've broken my own gear and other people's over the years, suck it up, it happens!

8 minutes ago, easy-lift guy said:

If your sub has no insurance than you can pay for the repair or replacement your self.  If your sub has insurance than he pays.

In any case if your present sub has no insurance you need to make sure he gets it or find a sub that does.  It’s that simple.

easy-lift guy

Slightly different rules to I think you are used to.

He isn’t a Bona Fide Sub Contractor so doesn’t need that insurance.  He was working in a freelance Labour capacity.

Seriously, if people stopped using the term Sub, Subby etc half of these problems would be resolved.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, easy-lift guy said:

Perhaps your right about the terminology and names used.  The general contractor can pay for it or the sub contractor or freelance contractor can.  Flip a coin.

easy-lift guy

You don't seem to understand. In the UK the responsibility lies with the primary contractor. A freelance climber is contracted in a labour-only capacity.

The self employed climber could well have his own insurance for doing his own jobs, but they wouldn't pay out for somebody else's job, so it's irrelevant.

• Like 4

Actually I do understand.  Primary and general contractor mean the same thing either in the UK or USA.  The fact that something was damaged by a sub contractor or freelance contractor or climber is a mute point since the responsibility here in the states falls upon the general contractor first and the sub contractor second.  Both really should be completely insured from the get go.  If that is not in place than it only take one accident or mistake to ruin the job and business relationship.  
easy-lift guy