NPTC or Lantra?

Well my insurance states all aspects of tree felling any height i told them what i do they said im fully covered not alot more you can do.

But id never cut when some one is near the tree any way thats just bad.

I dont take risks ever when im cutting everyone stays out the way when i stop then they drag out the brush as for the public well coned off areas sort that out if they walk into a coned off area and get hurt tuff.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know any.

I fell large trees with out large fell.

The problem is the goal posts are forever changing so how can we rely on the nptc since when they want more money the create new rules.

afag. Aboricultural and forestry advisory group along with hse produce industry best practice. from which we get the rules! Lantra/ nptc simply supply the industry with training and assessment. i dare say they have a fair bit of imput, and yes it is expensive.

Well my insurance states all aspects of tree felling any height i told them what i do they said im fully covered not alot more you can do.

Out of interest, did you tell them what tickets you have if any or did they ask if you had any tickets.

As far as I'm aware they presume you are qualified to carry out the task. Same way that insurance companies sometimes dont ask if you have a full UK license, they just ask if you have any points or convictions.

But id never cut when some one is near the tree any way thats just bad.

I dont take risks ever when im cutting everyone stays out the way when i stop then they drag out the brush as for the public well coned off areas sort that out if they walk into a coned off area and get hurt tuff.

are you saying that you have never had a close call or even an accident. i too take all the necessary safety precautions but you still get accidents happening, thats why they are accidents.

are you saying that you have never had a close call or even an accident. i too take all the necessary safety precautions but you still get accidents happening, thats why they are accidents.

I have touch wood never had an accident no or broke any thing but a stupid knome

I have had things not go the way i expect sometimes but never to the extent that any one gets hurt and things get broke.

Which i pride myself in and hope to continue working without an accident since the first fall or close call id leave this industry no questions.

My insurance did not require nptc and i stated exactly what i do i made sure they told me exactly what im covered to do.

I have touch wood never had an accident no or broke any thing but a stupid knome

I have had things not go the way i expect sometimes but never to the extent that any one gets hurt and things get broke.

Which i pride myself in and hope to continue working without an accident since the first fall or close call id leave this industry no questions.

My insurance did not require nptc and i stated exactly what i do i made sure they told me exactly what im covered to do.

i have had a few stupid knomes work for me too!

only ever chipped a drainpipe (touch wood). broke my arm felling a large sycamore but that was a freak accident no one at fault. had a few near do's with groundies not paying attention.

we struggle for good ground staff. i have a good lad at the mo but he can only do 2 days a week.

Out of interest, did you tell them what tickets you have if any or did they ask if you had any tickets.

As far as I'm aware they presume you are qualified to carry out the task. Same way that insurance companies sometimes dont ask if you have a full UK license, they just ask if you have any points or convictions.

Spot on. They do assume that you are qualified. They should make it clearer though, so they don't go confusing people called treemotion:heeeelllllooooo: