Who's got a small one!

Midge

IMG_6712.jpg

Me and my gear have been getting lifts on and off a site in this lovely little thing. Mid engined, rear wheel drive, 16v, turbonutterbastard (sadly no actual turbo). I’ve been wracking my brains for an excuse to get one.
A member of the older guard here ran a cracking little Vitara/SJ tool van. Dean Lofthouse had his little electric tipper log wagon. You can’t put 4700kg on them like a Transit though.

• Like 1

A mate of mine who runs a plant hire buisness had a small 4x4 van back in the 90s, it was either a Rascal or Suzuki ? i cant remember, but we just called it the Sooty bus, it was one of them vans bought as a put me on for 6 months but he ended up running it for about 8 yrs, he had his other half running round delivering diesel oil parts etc to different sites where he had plant working, he all ways did and still does say its one of the best vans he ever bought,

• Like 4

Never had one, but always loved the look of the rascal / super carry pickups. Like many, wish they would bring them back, I bet they would be brilliant with an electric power plant. I think it was pat ferret who used to be on here, who had an old SJ 410 van in green. I loved the look of it, and determined to have one , one day.

Never had one, but always loved the look of the rascal / super carry pickups. Like many, wish they would bring them back, I bet they would be brilliant with an electric power plant. I think it was pat ferret who used to be on here, who had an old SJ 410 van in green. I loved the look of it, and determined to have one , one day.

That’s who I wast thinking about.