Sold truck. Safest way to receive payment?

John Hughes

I have sold my old pickup for £3000, alot more than i expected.

What is the safest way to receive payment.

I am worried i would not recognise fake notes.

Paypal is expensive.

Bank transfer when he collects it.

No one came to view it yet it was bid up to over £3000 . 56 reg and 140000 on the clock.

John

38 minutes ago, John Hughes said:

I have sold my old pickup for £3000, alot more than i expected.

What is the safest way to receive payment.

I am worried i would not recognise fake notes.

Paypal is expensive.

Bank transfer when he collects it.

No one came to view it yet it was bid up to over £3000 . 56 reg and 140000 on the clock.

John

what i've done before is give them your bank details, get them to put £1 in a day or so before collection, so u can confirm to them it's come in, then do rest of payment on collection

also, if they've paid you before, the payment on collection should pretty much go straight into your account within not many minutes (sunday's can take longer) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, John Hughes said:

John

Has he contacted you to say when he is coming ?   Don't want to piss on your firework but sometimes these can be a " no show " 

• Like 2

I can only do £200 or something on the phone. I just took the laptop and card reader down when I bought the stump grinder off Mr Bolam, so the money was in before I left.

Landy was trickier as the bank anti-fraud kicked in and blocked the transfer so that took a bit of sorting out, but still better than carrying nine grand in cash on the train which was the other option.

• Like 1