Please help identify tree and advise

Hi. Please could you help me identify the tree on the attached photos. 

This tree means a lot to us and when we built a new house we were assured that how the tree remained would be ok for it to continue to thrive. The ground around the tree has been built up circa 2 foot with hardfill. Part of the roots of the tree grow out the back of the boundary wall so when the boundary wall was built our builder put a head over the roots rather than cut through. We can access under the head to look at the bottom of the tree. I have assumed that we have affected the tree as its leaves aren't forming their size and colour properly. Also it looks like some branches are dead. I was hoping it was just because of the hot spell we had during lockdown but in hindsight I think we should have employed a professional but we were assure it would be ok. Please can anyone advise what we should do? Should also say there was ivy crawling up the tree. We have removed this as read that was best. Any help would be really appreciated. I'm so afraid you are going to tell me this wee tree has died. IMG_20200701_100028.thumb.jpg.07f142c07dd18930425ec3c9807b6c9a.jpgThanks in advance, martina

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200722174348014_COVER.jpg

IMG_20200701_094059.jpg

IMG_20200701_094137.jpg

IMG_20200701_095827.jpg

IMG_20200701_094117.jpg

Edited by Martinal

The roadway is new in that it has been raised up by 2 foot with additional hardcore. We thought by the head being over the tree at the back of the wall it would be ok. We had to build a boundary wall and unfortunately the tree was effectively on it. Do you think the tree is dead? Is that because of the new leaves not being green? Is there anything we can do to revive it? For example what if we dug out round the tree on this side of the boundary wall to allow it to breath. Any help really appreciated.

You might try air injection around the roots to remove some compaction remove as much of the fill as possible and replace with a good quality compost well rotted farmyard or horse manure make sure it’s old or it could burn the roots, maybe try some blood fish and bone or a foliage fertiliser sprayed over the leaves, others will be along tommorow with more experience than me so I would wait and see what they recommend before carrying out any remedial works

• Like 1

Sorry but you have created a serious issue burying the stem by 2ft of hard core. Trees have a root flare zone, an area between the top of the root plate and the base of the trunk of the tree. By covering this up with a wall and compacted hard core you have covered this important area vital to the trees health and the tree will decline and eventually die. Creating a bridge over the roots might slow the decline, but burying the trunk by 2ft is a death sentence!

• Like 1

Thanks gnarlyoak.

Ok based on your and dumpers advice I really need to dig up round this side of the wall around the trunk of the tree and replace the soil and hardcore with good quality compost. I really hope it isn't too late as this tree means a lot to us