Greenmechs new 165evo chipper

Les Day

22 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I saw that, it was so outlandishly shit, my mind sort of shut it out.

(the push shovel thingy)

Standard fit on all machines going to France, and standard fit to Bandit supplied here too I seem to recall. We make ours, paint them red and slot them in  a holder!

Blame the French health and safety! As well as the stop buttons and the push stick, they were trying to get hand feeding banned at one point!

This is about the only time a 'Standard' has been binned before the replacement has been agreed, written up and implemented! 

• 3 weeks later...

Re the original thread title, I can now answer my own question having had the use of Greenmech's Evo165d (25hp) for the last week while our Quadchip was being looked at.

First off, I'm smit. It's plain to see that their r & d people have been busy, the whole feel/use had a heavier weight (yes, I know, it is heavier). Consumption & general processing, inc those awkward forks that got put to one side for 'later', was far quicker. The throw was enough to cause small dents to the ally box bulkhead so theres no need to unhitch to get the shute closer. Miss the turntable? Yes, no doubt that was handy feature in tight domestic or roadside situations but we preferred the quicker processing once the machine was set up. Having a slightly narrower track was a bonus for our small workshop so everything considered, we opted for the bigger (45hp) diesel as being old, I believe in less stress. Just wondering it GM would paint it pink or camo to deter thieves.

• Like 3

For a fee we would have a good go at different colours (there is a thread called "United colours of GreenMech", which I'll add to later. QTS decided to have there STC1928 fleet in a dark green to blend in but we have done others in pink, blue, red blah blah blah.... I got a deal on the go for 2 x 165 units in a yellow main colour at the moment. I think we have done two in the Glebe Green and Grey combo too. 

Thanks for your kind words too Les.

• Like 1

Have got the 165p sub 750kg on order and I thought about having a different colour and was going for a metallic silver and black mix but changed my mind and have gone for a reversal of green and black with the main colour being Greenmech Green with black.As Said previously I had the 165 Eve diesel for a month and it was such a good Machine in every way except just to heavy at 1000kg and the petrol weighed in at 880kg so I have gone sub 750 which suits my needs more.?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Les Day said:

Re the original thread title, I can now answer my own question having had the use of Greenmech's Evo165d (25hp) for the last week while our Quadchip was being looked at.

First off, I'm smit. It's plain to see that their r & d people have been busy, the whole feel/use had a heavier weight (yes, I know, it is heavier). Consumption & general processing, inc those awkward forks that got put to one side for 'later', was far quicker. The throw was enough to cause small dents to the ally box bulkhead so theres no need to unhitch to get the shute closer. Miss the turntable? Yes, no doubt that was handy feature in tight domestic or roadside situations but we preferred the quicker processing once the machine was set up. Having a slightly narrower track was a bonus for our small workshop so everything considered, we opted for the bigger (45hp) diesel as being old, I believe in less stress. Just wondering it GM would paint it pink or camo to deter thieves.

.... Buy an airbrush an pots of paint off ebay n go Banksy. K

15 hours ago, 5 shires said:

Have got the 165p sub 750kg on order and I thought about having a different colour and was going for a metallic silver and black mix but changed my mind and have gone for a reversal of green and black with the main colour being Greenmech Green with black.As Said previously I had the 165 Eve diesel for a month and it was such a good Machine in every way except just to heavy at 1000kg and the petrol weighed in at 880kg so I have gone sub 750 which suits my needs more.?

Custom colours are great. But when you need a replacement panel, chute, bonnet, infeed or whatever  when the machine gets damaged, jack knifed etc you'll instantly stick an extra week or two on parts orders. 

Standard colours are also easier to retail on when used too.

Edited by GA Groundcare