Greenmechs new 165evo chipper

Les Day

23 hours ago, PeteB said:

We binned the spare wheel, the adjustable  A frame, used a narrower axle, slightly changed the infeed, 50B grade steel sheet, binned the sound deadening bonnet liner, lightened the flywheel to suit the petrol torque/hp, binned the folding discharge chute and stand,  binned the covers over the rear lights.....Everything was scrutinised so that with fluids and reasonable amount of fuel, it was on the zone! The chip chamber, roller box etc is still the same as the Evo165 diesel and Limited Edition 45hp unit.

Since the government have postponed the latest emissions target for engines, will the 45hp be available for longer?

I had the TW230 35hp on demo yesterday.

Afterwards I thought " that is how a chipper should be..."

Then today, the TP175 which though very well made has a clumsy stop bar and only 26hp plus a narrow infeed.

I'll try an Evo next.

Stuart

20200728_113333.jpg

20200729_094850.jpg

TP175 is a well built machine.

I like the ease of maintenance and access to all areas. 

Like the TW it is less top heavy than my 150p and sways less. The fuel and hydro tanks being low down.

A clutch in the form of a servo which tightens the 4 drive belts at the push of a button.

It has 3 down sides for me though. Narrow infeed and a sensative, gangly, sticky out stop bar. Even the rep struggled with feeding and blamed my lack of branch prep.

I replied, "this a test and much the same branches used for the Wolf"

Sadly the 26hp diesel after the 35hp of the TW just didn't quite get my juices flowing.

The TP does have a strong reputation for reliability...

The TW230 was a shock to the system after using a GM150p

It reminded me of our GM200 which was most excellent for the short time our company owned it.

I'm in the UK next week and will be returning the 150p to GM for repairs so maybe I'll be able to sniff out an Evo demo.

Stuart

2 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

They have fitted the top stop button on the TW so guessing it’s French.

Both have a rustic wooden push shovel which looks like it was hand made by a Sussex Weald Bodger which is a nice accessory on a €30k machine...