Greenmechs new 165evo chipper

Les Day

Hi all.

Used to be regular on here a few years ago but business took off & found I had no spare time. Anyway, I hope this subject hasn't been already spoken of but we're starting to find our Quadchip 160 is a bit lightweight for the sort of stuff we're doing so wondered if anyone has experience of the GM165EVO. Cost at £21.5k is slightly less than the 160 but I'm told its built of heavier plate due to having no turntable. Any opinions please?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Les Day said:

Hi all.

Used to be regular on here a few years ago but business took off & found I had no spare time. Anyway, I hope this subject hasn't been already spoken of but we're starting to find our Quadchip 160 is a bit lightweight for the sort of stuff we're doing so wondered if anyone has experience of the GM165EVO. Cost at £21.5k is slightly less than the 160 but I'm told its built of heavier plate due to having no turntable. Any opinions please?

Call me on 07774 282481, there are a couple of options and different prices. Cheers.

8 hours ago, Les Day said:

Hi all.

I have just put an order in for a Evo 165p sub 750kg....I had the diesel version on demo for a couple of weeks and it’s a fab Machine but was just o heavy for me at 1000kg as I do need to be able to move it around by myself..but what a Machine..the petrol version is 880kg and is even better but Greenmech have tweaked it a bit mainly the chassis and brought the weight down to 750kg I think the main reason they have been able to keep the power is to keep the 37hp petrol engine and the anvil is 90kg as apossed to 60/70kg on the 130 & 150.The only  thing i’am disappointment In is they have done away with the folding funnel of the 750p Evo which is on the other 2 options.got to be 9/10 Machine would be 10 but for weight and no folding funnel on the 750kg.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 24/07/2020 at 06:28, 5 shires said:

I have just put an order in for a Evo 165p sub 750kg....I had the diesel version on demo for a couple of weeks and it’s a fab Machine but was just o heavy for me at 1000kg as I do need to be able to move it around by myself..but what a Machine..the petrol version is 880kg and is even better but Greenmech have tweaked it a bit mainly the chassis and brought the weight down to 750kg I think the main reason they have been able to keep the power is to keep the 37hp petrol engine and the anvil is 90kg as apossed to 60/70kg on the 130 & 150.The only  thing i’am disappointment In is they have done away with the folding funnel of the 750p Evo which is on the other 2 options.got to be 9/10 Machine would be 10 but for weight and no folding funnel on the 750kg.

so you are saying the Evo petrol was 880kg and is now 750kg,  so how did they lose 130kg?

• Like 1

On 23/07/2020 at 21:27, Les Day said:

Hi all.

I am wondering if you will miss the turntable function? I too have a Quadchip 160 atm but i'm test driving the Evo diesel soon.

3 minutes ago, wicklamulla said:

so you are saying the Evo petrol was 880kg and is now 750kg,  so how did they lose 130kg?

Yep the Evo 165p is 880kg and the 165D 1000kg..As said I had the diesel on demo for a few weeks while my 150p was waiting to have some work done on it as they couldn’t get me a petrol one.

The Evo is a different animal and a fab Machine and as said just to heavy for my needs,didn’t want a diesel and will always have a Petrol so I put and order in for the 165p which was 880kg and I think you can still have one if you want but then I was told they have redesigned the chassis,git rid of spare wheel and I think a lighter flywheel and managed to get it down sub 750kg so I went for that instead as I need to be able to move it around by myself.

But even though it’s a much lighter Machine the power to weight and torque is much improved and I like the big horizontal rollers and bigger access hopper.

• Like 1

We binned the spare wheel, the adjustable  A frame, used a narrower axle, slightly changed the infeed, 50B grade steel sheet, binned the sound deadening bonnet liner, lightened the flywheel to suit the petrol torque/hp, binned the folding discharge chute and stand,  binned the covers over the rear lights.....Everything was scrutinised so that with fluids and reasonable amount of fuel, it was on the zone! The chip chamber, roller box etc is still the same as the Evo165 diesel and Limited Edition 45hp unit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PeteB said:

We binned the spare wheel, the adjustable  A frame, used a narrower axle, slightly changed the infeed, 50B grade steel sheet, binned the sound deadening bonnet liner, lightened the flywheel to suit the petrol torque/hp, binned the folding discharge chute and stand,  binned the covers over the rear lights.....Everything was scrutinised so that with fluids and reasonable amount of fuel, it was on the zone! The chip chamber, roller box etc is still the same as the Evo165 diesel and Limited Edition 45hp unit.

i shud come up to GM HQ and get the fat binned off of me in order to shape up!

Sorry, crap at diets and losing weight myself! Put on some 4 stone in 20 years! Booze, meat, carbs etc....changing shape is easy with tasty food and unhealthy lifestyle, losing it is bloody hard work!

Ordinarily,  if you like something,  it is either immoral,  illegal or unhealthy! I've stuck to the later!

• Like 3