How many cube does a 7.5 tonner hold?

Martin du Preez

Most of the old school steel body 7.5 ton tippers are good for 3.5 ton payload, I have used my mates little MAN tipper truck to get ballast from the pits and that goes about 20kg short of the 7.5 ton limit with 3.5 ton on it inc driver. No capacity left for tools or passengers. 4-4.5  ton would be a realistic payload with a modern 7.5 tonner with an ali body, fill the cab with blokes and chuck all the tools on and you are probably back down to a 3.5 -4 ton payload.

Bob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

4 ton on a seven n half!? When I was throwing cones 350x1 meter cones was 3.5 ton, throw some night lights on you'd be over. I might be behind the times, but 4 ton on a 7.5T?

Had a go at traffic management as well have you eggs. Stick what your good at now lol 

download.jpg

16 hours ago, Martin du Preez said:

Smart set up that, is it roughly the same footprint compared to a 7.5?

Yer its more of less the same, sits a bit higher 

Great turning circle so you can get in to tight spots and all that 

Got a flap on the side you can open as well to squirt into 

21 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

4 ton on a seven n half!? When I was throwing cones 350x1 meter cones was 3.5 ton, throw some night lights on you'd be over. I might be behind the times, but 4 ton on a 7.5T?

I looked at an Isuzu N75, aluminium tipper body and 1.2m high sides - came in at 3600kg kerb weight, 3900kg payload (inc driver). 

It would need another row of ally planks and a roof but I reckon you could go a hundred or so KG over and get away with it - 12m3 of chip.

Cab was really uncomfortable though. I ended up buying a eurocargo tipper. Less payload but so much more for your money. Auto, cruise and a comfy cab. 

Edited by richy_B
  • Like 1

On 23/07/2020 at 21:22, eggsarascal said:

I had a 7.2t Iveco Daily with tool box, regular steel tipping unit with alloy plank sides, tarp roof which had a 3.7t capacity. Use of alloy would have made it close to 4t

Stuart

• Like 2

On 24/07/2020 at 18:57, richy_B said:

I looked at an Isuzu N75, aluminium tipper body and 1.2m high sides - came in at 3600kg kerb weight, 3900kg payload (inc driver). 

It would need another row of ally planks and a roof but I reckon you could go a hundred or so KG over and get away with it - 12m3 of chip.

Cab was really uncomfortable though. I ended up buying a eurocargo tipper. Less payload but so much more for your money. Auto, cruise and a comfy cab. 

Did you buy new richy_b?

any pics?