ST6 More Issues

Thesnarlingbadger

Seems like overheating is a major issue amongst other niggley downtime issues...once you have a Machine that’s continually breaking down and or having little things go wrong you quickly lose confidence and always waiting for something to go tits.

Thats not to say that every one has had trouble and they think forst Chippers are the dogs...but personally the well established makes such as Greenmech,Timberwolf,etc have ironed out a lot if there issues over the years and i’am sure forst will do so in time but for now there ideas are good but reliability is key and they just haven’t quite got it nailed yet.

Edited by 5 shires
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, 5 shires said:

I have the forst guy ring me at least 2 times a month asking if I want a forst on demo and I tell him every time even if they did me a one made of Gold I wouldn’t have one...I started with Greenmech and will stay with Greenmech...have just put an order in for the new 750kg Evo 165p...have a 2018 150p to either sell private or trade in...sometimes I get the feeling these sales guys especially from forst are trying to hard with trying to move there Machines and are far to pushy....i here more bad then favourable things about forst to even consider buying one.

I think they have the same script they read from. I was subbing to a mate who runs a big TP chipper. Forst gave him a ring whilst we were having cuppa, gave the usual chat. He said he's very happy with the tp he's running and isn't looking for a new machine. They said they're getting alot of TP machines in as part exchange as people are switching to Forst because of TP's poor build quality. My mate just laughed down the phone. About 2 weeks later I had the same call, same usual chat. I run a Jensen, and you guessed it poor build quality apparently. ?‍♂️ poor sales guy was met with yet more laughter.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Khriss said:

No Shires, i think they are fatally flawed n nothing short of exorcism or pushing off Beachy Head will suffice. K

Bet there is quite a big pile there then going by the comments on here....maybe someone with a different point of view about forst will comment on here? If they don’t then I guess we’re all right in what we say.?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Timbertom111 said:

I think they have the same script they read from. I was subbing to a mate who runs a big TP chipper. Forst gave him a ring whilst we were having cuppa, gave the usual chat. He said he's very happy with the tp he's running and isn't looking for a new machine. They said they're getting alot of TP machines in as part exchange as people are switching to Forst because of TP's poor build quality. My mate just laughed down the phone. About 2 weeks later I had the same call, same usual chat. I run a Jensen, and you guessed it poor build quality apparently. ?‍♂️ poor sales guy was met with yet more laughter.

Wouldn’t want to be a forst sales man...think you would need to have one of there Machines on demo for a good few weeks to be able to gauge anything...I personally wouldn’t waste my time or there’s as it would definitely be a no sale.

I run a forst and only had a small starting issue when warm but was all sorted very quickly by forst. Machine chips like an animal and I wouldn’t buy any other machine. You’ll only ever hear the bad never the good. They are selling more than the other big names and end of the day they have only been going for what 5 years now and have obviously caused the whole industry to wake up.

I can think of plenty of other common issues on other machines but because it doesn’t have forst wrote on the side of it no one pipes up.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, butters said:

I run a forst and only had a small starting issue when warm but was all sorted very quickly by forst. Machine chips like an animal and I wouldn’t buy any other machine. You’ll only ever hear the bad never the good. They are selling more than the other big names and end of the day they have only been going for what 5 years now and have obviously caused the whole industry to wake up.

I can think of plenty of other common issues on other machines but because it doesn’t have forst wrote on the side of it no one pipes up.

Glad you posted as always nice to hear both sides of any story....and like I said in my previous post they are new kids on the block and i’am sure they will iron out any issues over time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, butters said:

Yes it was but mine was just a crank relay. Although every now and again it will struggle to start but engine issues isn’t forst fault that lies with brigs and Stratton

And they are in difficulties , about to go down the pan and most of the blame is being pointed at the unreliability issues.

Bob