Small woodland with PR infected Larch

Hi guys

Firstly im a climber by trade so ask me anything about that but in terms of woodland management my knowledge is mixed and limited. 

I've a good friend who has a patch of mixed woodland 10 acres or so. Larch mixed with other softwoods and some hardwood to. Its just a hobby woodland really that he runs a small friends and family shoot from.

He's been told he has PR infected Larch there which needs to be felled, now he's pretty gutted as he doesn't feel there's enough timber there to sell standing to make any money back. He also has ash die back in the woodland.

My thoughts are maybe with clearfell of Larch and fell the ash to whilst your in there, you could make abit of money back.

So I guess what I'm asking is, are there any grants or anything available for small woodland owners affected with PR Larch and also any forestry companies in the South West willing to do the potential work/give advise?

Thanks in advance

Been thousands and thousands of Tonnes of quality larch rotting about the countryside, absolutely scandalous really.

But will all depend on access and wether vaible to extract it commercially.

If ur mate is happy to mill on site would be easy to extract once milled to size with a quad or something.

Possibly that's where a set up like big J's or iron mike's low mpact small scale set up comes in handy mini forwarders or compact tractors or quads with timber trailers.

Done a bit of or work and still not entirely sure the score with grants etc, I think u get a 6 month window to fell it after being notified then potentially a 6 month extension after that I think ur threatened with fines.