Cleaning carb on smoking Stihl

coppicer

Hard stares....hard stares......bugger that, get lively with the harsh language and if that doesn't work, break out the hammer! 

You dropping a short film clip of Aliens in there for good measure [emoji6]

2 minutes ago, spudulike said:

STEP AWAY FROM THAT WELCH PLUG!!!!!!! You don't have the tool for it:scared1:

On a slightly more serious note, I wasn't aware of the existence of welch plugs until yesterday. Do they actually need a special tool? Couldn't see any obvious way to extract or replace the one in the carb...

Thanks for that. It's not cheap, but I suppose cheaper than screwing up the carb!

I bought a complete walbro kit with metering gauge a zama gauge as a extra from somewhere, cant remember where, shall try find out for ya, paid £45 delivered for the lot.
  • Thanks 1

I made my own punch, needed a little fettling but it works for me. Most of the carbs that need a new plug are C1Qs so use the same punch.

They are an absolute sod to get punched in and sealed 100%, I have seen all sorts of attempts including a bit of what looked like a coke can - best leave it in place especially with the red seal as it is the most reliable type of seal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1