Face coverings

gary112

the issue i have with the whole lot of this corona hysteria, civil servant suits in London with no experience of the real world doing manual labour have panicked by listening to teacher/ ' the professionals' and gone batshit crazy.

Look at that nightingale hospital they were convinced was needed. Wasn't total bullshit.

They can feck right off im not going to wear a mask or go and have a pint in a pub until its 100% back to normal.

The pubs have till christmas to get the punters back in, karaoke, live sport etc or they are fecked as well. No way they will have the cash to pay the next quarters rent and vat/paye while serving 30% of the punters and its not like they were rolling in it before either.

Until clean corona deaths numbers are produced, not a bloke who had a car crash but was put down as corona as he had it 2 months ago,  they are all fake and I'll take no notice what so fecking ever.

a pox on spineless politicians.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, donnk said:

the issue i have with the whole lot of this corona hysteria, civil servant suits in London with no experience of the real world doing manual labour have panicked by listening to teacher/ ' the professionals' and gone batshit crazy.

Look at that nightingale hospital they were convinced was needed. Wasn't total bullshit.

They can feck right off im not going to wear a mask or go and have a pint in a pub until its 100% back to normal.

The pubs have till christmas to get the punters back in, karaoke, live sport etc or they are fecked as well. No way they will have the cash to pay the next quarters rent and vat/paye while serving 30% of the punters and its not like they were rolling in it before either.

Until clean corona deaths numbers are produced, not a bloke who had a car crash but was put down as corona as he had it 2 months ago,  they are all fake and I'll take no notice what so fecking ever.

a pox on spineless politicians.

Funny that, our kid has been in the hospitality/pub trade most of his life. He's just taken another pub due to relocating, he's done away with Sky TV, BT, the pool table, and dartboard the saving on Sky and BT come in at £1,500/month. He's altered the menu and he's doing just fine so he tells me, I'll post up later what it's like in there this evening when I get back. Last Thursday night and Saturday afternoon when I was there, there were plenty of people about.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

Funny that, our kid has been in the hospitality/pub trade most of his life. He's just taken another pub due to relocating, he's done away with Sky TV, BT, the pool table, and dartboard the saving on Sky and BT come in at £1,500/month. He's altered the menu and he's doing just fine so he tells me, I'll post up later what it's like in there this evening when I get back. Last Thursday night and Saturday afternoon when I was there, there were plenty of people about.

Did you feel the need to wear a mask ?? 

Stopped at the shop for butter this evening. As I approached the door, I notice a local lady get out of her car and out a mask on. Mental eye-roll. I look in the door to see the current attitude, guy standing chatting at the counter, no masks in evidence, so I go in, mask-less, and head for the dairy fridge. Bump into the local lady, and....she's not wearing her mask anymore. She smiles, laughs and says something to the effect of "Oh, you're not wearing one either!"

Our behavior influences others.

Obedience to government diktats pressures others to obey the diktats also. Nobody wants to, but nobody wants to be the dirty stop-out. That's how you get totalitarianism. Real fast.

Conversely, bucking the system gives others permission to buck the system. Courage encourages courage in others.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Did you feel the need to wear a mask ?? 

Not at all, there was no great shakes there tonight but it is Tuesday. He did 17 covers and he's got three of the 4 letting rooms taken. People seem to be getting on, getting on.

Edited by eggsarascal

On 27/07/2020 at 23:09, Paul Cleaver said:

im on monitor mode - I dont like phrases like " the new norm" and the fact that cash is not in favour at the mo because of the circumstances.  Lets be careful that these things dont become the norm. A cashless society is a supressed society. I think our country is slowly becoming a communist society - very controlling. Cameras everywhere, tracking you from mobile phones, speed limits with cameras in areas where its ridiculous.

1984 is here about forty years late.  New Norm = Newspeak, cameras= Big Brother watches you everywhere,  thought crime = gender, trans issues, people encouraged to rat on their neighbours,  widespread turning a blind eye to drugs, especially in prisons ( Soma in Brave New World) and Winston Smith's job of tearing up past history ,  cancelling people and removing all traces of them from literature

• Like 5

I was thinking today, I wonder if grandad stuck his bottom lip out at wearing a face covering during the war, apparently not, and great grandad didn't either during the Spanish flu and that was well before 1984.

WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Attempts to invoke the Blitz spirit may not be wide of the mark as research shows...

Bloody snowflake generation. :)

• Like 2